Weekly HubFeed: 5/23/2014
Your source for the biggest news in internet marketing this week.
We cover Google's latest algorithm updates with Panda 4.0 and Payday Loans 2.0, DuckDuckGo's redesign bringing them into the search engine wars, and more in just a couple of minutes!
Also available on YouTube.
Google Panda 4.0 and Payday Loans 2.0 Updates
- Google released two significant updates this week with Panda 4.0 and Payday Loans 2.0 within just days of each other.
- Because they were launched so close together, it’s hard to tell what kind of impact they had on search rankings individually.
- From what they’ve targeted historically, it’s safe to assume that the Payday Loans update targeted spammy queries and Panda 4.0 targeted low-quality content.
DuckDuckGo is Becoming a Real Search Engine
- DuckDuckGo is a search engine that values privacy by not tracking query information from its users.
- It’s becoming a real competitor with its redesign this week, not only implementing a new design with predictive search results similar to Google Instant, but adding features like Maps, Images, and Videos.
- DuckDuckGo’s market share is nowhere near that of Google and Bing, but if it continues to become competitive with the addition of important features, it can start to make a name for itself.
To see all of DuckDuckGo’s new features, click here.
Searching is #1 Online Activity for Travelers
- Being competitive in local search is solidifying its importance in a recent study by Kenshoo that revealed people love searching for things when they’re traveling.
- Using search engines was the top online activity for leisure travelers, followed by browsing hotel and airline websites.
- Another interesting finding for paid search was that the leisure and travel industry was the highest driver of PPC click-throughs.
See the full results of the Kenshoo study by visiting their website.