comScore Data: Has Desktop Search Hit Its Peak?
The other numbers in this report won't surprise you -- Google still owns the search market share, Bing ticked up a bit. The Yahoo-Bing partnership hasn't done much for the search market.
What people are taking note of in the data is that search query via desktop is down as mobile takes some of that traffic:
“The declines of the past four months represent the first declines in total desktop search volume since we began tracking the data in 2006.”
Although the lion's share of searches are done via desktop, this new data has analysts wondering if desktop search has peaked.
Before you get all "let's abandon our desktops": I just ran a query for Oct - Jan and desktop search is at 86%; mobile, 13%. That's definitely a decrease for desktop and increase for mobile since the last time I checked. But -- again -- most searches are still conducted via desktop.
Search Engine Land:
Analyst: Mobile Continues To Take Share From Desktop Search
or Contact Us Today
Interested in Our
White Label SEO?
Matt: (12/09/13 - 06:07 PM) I never thought of Pinterest as a new source since ...
Chris Vale: (12/09/13 - 04:20 PM) Thank you sir! ...
Renee: (12/09/13 - 06:07 PM) A new study from Gigya shows that Pinterest as a n ...
Kyle: (12/09/13 - 04:20 PM) Hey Chris - We will be having our marketing collat ...
: (12/09/13 - 02:12 PM) That's true!! If he doesn't need the money to affo ...
: (12/09/13 - 06:07 PM) I definitely agree that Twitter is way more of a ...
Ellen: (12/09/13 - 11:43 AM) Anglo Rank makes some pretty a rel= nofollow hr ...
Aqeel: (12/09/13 - 11:43 AM) Matt Cutts getting sassy... ...
Renee: (12/09/13 - 11:43 AM) Friday Matt Cutts announced that Google penalized ...
- WEBINAR -- Boost Traffic and Credibility with BuzzGraphics
- WEBINAR -- Tell Us What You Want
- WEBINAR -- How Google Hummingbird Affects You
- WEBINAR -- Delivering Premium Content
- WEBINAR -- Efficient Revenue: Pay Per Click Retargeting
- WEBINAR -- Selling the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 3 [LAST CHANCE]
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 2
- WEBINAR -- Learn All About the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- Maximize Dashboard Tools
- HubShout's No Shave MOvember Raises $1062 for Us TOO
- Google PageRank Still Alive...For Now
- Google Needs to Have Santa Now Too? [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Social Media and the Rise of Giving Tuesday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Productivity Loss on Cyber Monday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Can Yahoo Take on Traditional News Media? [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Protecting Yourself on Cyber Monday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Using Small Business Saturday to Bring in Local Business [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Content Discovery & Twitter's New Custom Timelines [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]