Wordpress Form Notifications Not Getting Delivered to Inbox
Hi. We have a few clients who have been having trouble getting notifications from Wordpress form plugins (Gravity, ContactForm7).
Most of the time we recommend using the HubShout web to lead service because the data is saved in their dashboard and they get a notification of the lead.
In these cases, however, the client has a very custom form that will not work with the HubShout web to lead form.
What are some of the reasons the client is not getting the notification? Is this unique to the HubShout hosting environment? Is there a way a client can use Amazon SES for form notification using third party plugins like Gravity and ContactForm7?
Great questions... I don't know of any plugins that use Amazon SES with WordPress - but I have to think they are not far off.
The HubShout Sales Form is definitely the safest because it puts the data into a database BEFORE trying any emails.. That way the data is super safe.
Thanks for bringing this up Chad. Gravity and ContactForm7 use phpMailer to send email form notifications. The main issue that we face with phpMailer is on domains where we host the website but not the email service. The problem is server-side SMTP authentication for sendmail. I have a working solution for this that can be applied to WordPress installs. I am applying this to all new WordPress sites on our servers. Open a support task for any legacy sites with this issue.
OK. Good to know. I wanted to get this in the forum so that we know what to do with these issues. Thanks. Opening tickets.
or Contact Us Today
Interested in Our
White Label SEO?
Charlie: (12/04/13 - 04:53 PM) Jesse: IMG SRC= ://4.bp.blogspot.com/-r0jBNs7 ...
Jesse: (12/04/13 - 04:53 PM) An Antecedent is a word or phrase that gives its m ...
Matt: (12/04/13 - 04:53 PM) Random quiz. What is an Antecedent? ...
: (12/04/13 - 02:54 PM) I wonder if it would ever be beneficial for Hubsho ...
Charlie: (12/04/13 - 04:53 PM) Nice use of that semicolon, Eric! :P ...
Eric R: (12/04/13 - 04:53 PM) brilliant! I have a greater understanding for semi ...
Jesse: (12/04/13 - 04:53 PM) Nice website! Bookmarked!! ...
Eric R: (12/04/13 - 12:02 PM) What is the maximum number of links should you hav ...
: (12/04/13 - 11:49 AM) I'm just remembering this piece that ran in the th ...
- WEBINAR -- Boost Traffic and Credibility with BuzzGraphics
- WEBINAR -- Tell Us What You Want
- WEBINAR -- How Google Hummingbird Affects You
- WEBINAR -- Delivering Premium Content
- WEBINAR -- Efficient Revenue: Pay Per Click Retargeting
- WEBINAR -- Selling the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 3 [LAST CHANCE]
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 2
- WEBINAR -- Learn All About the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- Maximize Dashboard Tools
- Google Needs to Have Santa Now Too? [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Social Media and the Rise of Giving Tuesday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Productivity Loss on Cyber Monday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Can Yahoo Take on Traditional News Media? [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Protecting Yourself on Cyber Monday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Using Small Business Saturday to Bring in Local Business [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Content Discovery & Twitter's New Custom Timelines [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Google Data Requests from Government Increasing [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Why Facebook Wants Snapchat [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]