While We Were All Focused on the Election, Google Rolled Out Another Panda Update
Google said it will impact 0.4% of queries; for those searching in English in the US, it will impact 1.1%.
Just a reminder (since remembering all the different animal names is confusing) -- Panda is different from Penguin. The original purpose of Panda was to target low quality content.
Search Engine Land:
Google Releases Panda Update 21, Impacts 1.1% Of US Queries In English
Oh Google... so sneaky... They got us all focused on their nice election map (tracked electoral college and popular votes for all election) with it's up to the minute stats and granular state breakdowns, the BAM! launched this without anyone knowing. Well played Google, well played.
Oh man, good thing we do things the right way and only produce "quality content "
This is how Google is going to get us all. Consider this step 1. Step 2: world domination. GULP.
Yes! I am with you; this is scary stuff. Google runs the world...I've seen how this ends in Wall-E!
I hope I'm not derailing the thread too much by asking this, but how do marketers/SEO companies view non-Google search engines? Are there any up-and-comers that bear watching besides Bing? Or are they all considered non-starters? My husband (who is a kind of open-source nut/rebel) refuses to use Google simply because of its tracking practices. I'm assuming that engines like Duck Duck Go aren't seen as threats to Google and Bing for that very reason - the lack of tracking and ads. Thoughts?
or Contact Us Today
Interested in Our
Tom: (05/23/13 - 02:42 PM) You know Brian, everyone is so sue happy in the wo ...
Adam: (05/23/13 - 02:34 PM) Good stuff guys. We have toyed with the idea of bu ...
Roger: (05/23/13 - 02:34 PM) I find two programs often overlooked, but are grea ...
Ben V.: (05/23/13 - 02:34 PM) We use authorize.net's batch upload feature. .CSV ...
Carissa: (05/23/13 - 02:34 PM) I have a new reseller and he was asking about auto ...
Renee: (05/23/13 - 12:32 PM) If you are reading this and wondering what to do n ...
Alan: (05/23/13 - 11:15 AM) [quote]bAdam said:/b Excellent Chris. Sounds l ...
Alan: (05/23/13 - 11:15 AM) [quote] I personally have created written docs, do ...
AdamUK: (05/23/13 - 11:15 AM) Thanks for listening guys! Much appreciated ...
- WEBINAR -- Maximize Dashboard Tools
- WEBINAR -- Ask a Reseller with Chris
- WEBINAR -- Get Your Clients' Websites Right the First Time
- WEBINAR-- Website Reseller Program (What Is It, How Does It Work, How To Sell It)
- WEBINAR -- The Big Bad Customer Retention Question
- WEBINAR -- Ask a Reseller Series with Chuck
- WEBINAR -- Customizing Our Reseller Marketing Collateral in Under 60 Seconds
- WEBINAR -- How To Maximize Your Onsite SEO
- WEBINAR -- SEO: Back to Basics
- WEBINAR -- New Monthly Newsletter Service
- PPC Strategy 101: Small Business Tactics [VIDEO]
- 3 Things To Look For When Choosing a Pay Per Click Management Company [VIDEO]
- How to do the best Content Marketing [VIDEO]
- Be ready for Google Penguin Updates 2013 [VIDEO]
- How to Promote My Website [VIDEO]
- Link Building Agency [VIDEO]
- Content Marketing Tips for 2013
- Best SEO Strategy [VIDEO]
- 5 Best Website Optimization Tips [VIDEO]