While We Were All Focused on the Election, Google Rolled Out Another Panda Update
Google said it will impact 0.4% of queries; for those searching in English in the US, it will impact 1.1%.
Just a reminder (since remembering all the different animal names is confusing) -- Panda is different from Penguin. The original purpose of Panda was to target low quality content.
Search Engine Land:
Google Releases Panda Update 21, Impacts 1.1% Of US Queries In English
Oh Google... so sneaky... They got us all focused on their nice election map (tracked electoral college and popular votes for all election) with it's up to the minute stats and granular state breakdowns, the BAM! launched this without anyone knowing. Well played Google, well played.
Oh man, good thing we do things the right way and only produce "quality content "
This is how Google is going to get us all. Consider this step 1. Step 2: world domination. GULP.
Yes! I am with you; this is scary stuff. Google runs the world...I've seen how this ends in Wall-E!
I hope I'm not derailing the thread too much by asking this, but how do marketers/SEO companies view non-Google search engines? Are there any up-and-comers that bear watching besides Bing? Or are they all considered non-starters? My husband (who is a kind of open-source nut/rebel) refuses to use Google simply because of its tracking practices. I'm assuming that engines like Duck Duck Go aren't seen as threats to Google and Bing for that very reason - the lack of tracking and ads. Thoughts?
or Contact Us Today
Interested in Our
White Label SEO?
: (12/07/13 - 04:49 PM) We might need to leave this platform, believe it o ...
Brian Long: (12/06/13 - 10:05 PM) [quote]b said:/bI check Facebook way too many ...
: (12/06/13 - 01:56 PM) Thanks Adam. I really do appreciate your help, on ...
Adam: (12/06/13 - 01:56 PM) Hi guys. We have ticket 4349157 open on this. Anal ...
Tim Fahndrich: (12/06/13 - 01:31 PM) Adam, Re: #3... it does appear that it is on the p ...
Kyle: (12/06/13 - 01:19 PM) Were we ever able to obtain these? ...
Jason G.: (12/06/13 - 01:31 PM) Matt, I also wanted to jump in quickly to let you ...
Eric R: (12/06/13 - 01:31 PM) 5. Ok, I will try to do a better job of keeping t ...
: (12/06/13 - 01:56 PM) Adam, Please answer my question; will this ever b ...
- WEBINAR -- Boost Traffic and Credibility with BuzzGraphics
- WEBINAR -- Tell Us What You Want
- WEBINAR -- How Google Hummingbird Affects You
- WEBINAR -- Delivering Premium Content
- WEBINAR -- Efficient Revenue: Pay Per Click Retargeting
- WEBINAR -- Selling the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 3 [LAST CHANCE]
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 2
- WEBINAR -- Learn All About the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- Maximize Dashboard Tools
- HubShout's No Shave MOvember Raises $1062 for Us TOO
- Google Needs to Have Santa Now Too? [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Social Media and the Rise of Giving Tuesday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Productivity Loss on Cyber Monday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Can Yahoo Take on Traditional News Media? [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Protecting Yourself on Cyber Monday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Using Small Business Saturday to Bring in Local Business [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Content Discovery & Twitter's New Custom Timelines [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Google Data Requests from Government Increasing [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]