What is a good "open rate" for an email marketing program?
Can't remember where I found this data, but I read somewhere that an open rate of more than 40% is considered above average.
That rate seems far too high for an average Ellen - if that is what you are getting all power to you. I thought I was doing great with 25% - 30%, and a click through of about 3% - 5%
It got me thinking so I checked: You may have heard of MailChimp and they have some statistics there per industry and the software and web industry manage:
Open Rate : 15.57% Click Rate : 2.49% Soft Bounce Rate : 1.88% Hard Bounce Rate : 3.06% Abuse Complaint Rate : 0.11% Unsubscribe Rate : 0.39%
Yeah. That seems WAY high Ellen. Can we check a few more sources for benchmark data. I know Chad is always happy with our 20%.... meaning, the average is probably way lower.
I thought that seemed high too. I looked at mailchimp and some other data and it's really all over the place, depending on the industry.
List quality, list relevance.... If you send stuff to a house list (people who know you), expect a high open rate. If you are prospecting, renting a list or something where people don't know you as well.. then open rate will be lower. So, I would say there is no one benchmark but probably many benchmarks based on the type of list you have.
Good points Chad... So if you buy a really spammy email list, your open rate will be under 3%... But if you build your own in-house list very carefully, targeting people who really want to hear what you have to say, you might be in the 25% open rate range.... That's my take away.
I found this study that breaks down open rates by industry: 2011 Email Marketing Metrics You'll notice that the open rates vary greatly depending on which market you are targeting.
I get the open rate on my email campaigns but how do I track my click through rate on those campaigns? Does our dashboard track those?
or Contact Us Today
Interested in Our
White Label SEO?
: (12/07/13 - 04:49 PM) We might need to leave this platform, believe it o ...
Brian Long: (12/06/13 - 10:05 PM) [quote]b said:/bI check Facebook way too many ...
: (12/06/13 - 01:56 PM) Thanks Adam. I really do appreciate your help, on ...
Adam: (12/06/13 - 01:56 PM) Hi guys. We have ticket 4349157 open on this. Anal ...
Tim Fahndrich: (12/06/13 - 01:31 PM) Adam, Re: #3... it does appear that it is on the p ...
Kyle: (12/06/13 - 01:19 PM) Were we ever able to obtain these? ...
Jason G.: (12/06/13 - 01:31 PM) Matt, I also wanted to jump in quickly to let you ...
Eric R: (12/06/13 - 01:31 PM) 5. Ok, I will try to do a better job of keeping t ...
: (12/06/13 - 01:56 PM) Adam, Please answer my question; will this ever b ...
- WEBINAR -- Boost Traffic and Credibility with BuzzGraphics
- WEBINAR -- Tell Us What You Want
- WEBINAR -- How Google Hummingbird Affects You
- WEBINAR -- Delivering Premium Content
- WEBINAR -- Efficient Revenue: Pay Per Click Retargeting
- WEBINAR -- Selling the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 3 [LAST CHANCE]
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 2
- WEBINAR -- Learn All About the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- Maximize Dashboard Tools
- HubShout's No Shave MOvember Raises $1062 for Us TOO
- Google Needs to Have Santa Now Too? [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Social Media and the Rise of Giving Tuesday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Productivity Loss on Cyber Monday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Can Yahoo Take on Traditional News Media? [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Protecting Yourself on Cyber Monday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Using Small Business Saturday to Bring in Local Business [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Content Discovery & Twitter's New Custom Timelines [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Google Data Requests from Government Increasing [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]