UK Study Indicates Social Signals Correlated with Good Rankings
Searchmetrics, a search analytics firm, conducted a study of UK and US search data from February and March of this year to see what factors impact Google rankings now. The firm analyzed "10,000 selected top-keywords, 300,000 websites and millions of links, shares and tweets."
What did they find out?
From Searchmetrics: "... social signals from Facebook, Twitter and Google+ are frequently associated with good rankings in Google’s index. This is interesting in particular for the UK, which hasn’t had such a strong correlation with social signals up to this point."
Of the top 6 signals, 5 were social; the other, of course -- backlinks.
Renee, thats very interesting! I have a new lead that is about to sign up from the UK! Thanks for this I 'll be sure to pass on this link! Thanks again!
Right... but correlation does not equal causation... Did you know that street lights are correlated with crime? I guess that means that street lights cause crime.. LOL ;-)
It’s possible that sites with lots of action on social media are working harder at their marketing.
I know whenever I see a streetlight I want to do something criminal... or run with scissors... I can never decide...
Criminals are like moths. They are drawn to lights. So that explains that. But in terms of social signals. I am thinking that Google considers social signals more authentic/reliable and therefore is placing greater weight on them. I have not read that. I am just throwing it out there.
They have pills for that now-adays... ;-)
Alright, all you social media doubters. I didn't say social media was the answer, it's just a very important part of the puzzle. I do think Lisa is right in that those with social media campaigns are generally more engaged with marketing. And Adam is right too. Correlation does not equal causation. But the takeaway from this is that social signals are a piece of a well-rounded diversified strategy.
or Contact Us Today
Interested in Our
: (06/18/13 - 05:35 PM) [quote]biNovate said:/b Jason G just took care ...
Adam: (06/18/13 - 05:35 PM) Excellent!!! :-) ...
iNovate: (06/18/13 - 05:35 PM) Jason G just took care of me through my portal! T ...
Adam: (06/18/13 - 05:35 PM) I believe there is training on this in a webinar, ...
iNovate: (06/18/13 - 05:35 PM) Hello, So on the proposal preview, under the SEO t ...
Eric R: (06/18/13 - 02:50 PM) a = ://techcrunch.com/2013/06/18/google-u ...
Adam: (06/18/13 - 01:36 PM) Joe - I have updates for you in ticket 3063764... ...
Aleks: (06/18/13 - 12:54 PM) True, The link provided above is the sell sheet wh ...
Aleks: (06/18/13 - 12:54 PM) Hi, the one at the top of the thread is an older v ...
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 2
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 3 [LAST CHANCE]
- WEBINAR -- Learn All About the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- Maximize Dashboard Tools
- WEBINAR -- Ask a Reseller with Chris
- WEBINAR -- Get Your Clients' Websites Right the First Time
- WEBINAR-- Website Reseller Program (What Is It, How Does It Work, How To Sell It)
- WEBINAR -- The Big Bad Customer Retention Question
- WEBINAR -- Ask a Reseller Series with Chuck
- WEBINAR -- Customizing Our Reseller Marketing Collateral in Under 60 Seconds
- Selecting the right PPC Reseller Program
- Pay Per Click (PPC) Bid Management [VIDEO]
- PPC Ad Retargeting
- The Growing Importance of SEO for Local Businesses
- Natural Search Engine Optimization is a Myth
- White Label SEO for 2013 [VIDEO]
- Penguin-Proof SEO Reseller Program [VIDEO]
- Press release SEO [VIDEO]
- PPC Strategy 101: Small Business Tactics [VIDEO]