Trouble with Google Alerts
We were chatting about Google Alerts not catching everything in one of our marketing meetings recently. Well, we're not alone. Danny Sullivan posted about it on Search Engine Land:
Dear Google Alerts: Why Aren’t You Working?
My problem is the opposite, my clients name happens to be a German word that is used in many German sentences, so his report is full of crazy German stuff that is NOT relevant. Which we could edit these reports before the client got them as of course the date is skewed..
I just got an email from a reseller asking why his clients blog wasn't showing up in Google Alerts! Perfect timing on this post.
Quick update: Google Alerts Still Broken
And reputable newsletters are now recommending other services and are dumping Google Alerts because it's been broken for so long.
I'm dying to know how you knew it back up? Doing an alert about this just did not seem right to me.
Well, I noticed more items being picked up in the Google News Alerts I have set up for various keywords this week (since we first read about the troubles with Google Alerts, I had been only receiving maybe one item in those alerts when compared to doing a manual news search of those same keywords). And today I read on Search Engine Land (the link I included in my previous comment) that Alerts appear to be working again. Danny Sullivan: "I’ve been watching my alerts closely each day, and the trend has continued. Google Alerts is again finding new content that I’d expect it to find, content that it used to uncover until it went into a puzzling decline earlier this year." And the commenters on his post also confirm that things have improved.
JCWhelen, are you seeing improvements in alerts you have set up?
or Contact Us Today
Interested in Our
Bill: (05/24/13 - 10:39 AM) Maybe someone did donate their used, outdated SEO ...
Terrance: (05/24/13 - 10:39 AM) Wow this is great news and the buzz continues. I h ...
Andy: (05/24/13 - 10:39 AM) Someone needs to donate SEO to the Salvation Army ...
Eric R: (05/24/13 - 10:39 AM) Salvation Army isn't spending enough in AdWords :- ...
Bill: (05/24/13 - 10:39 AM) Panda and Penguin will team up to put conservation ...
Jesse: (05/24/13 - 10:39 AM) Next on Google's list: Toys for Tots, The Red Cros ...
Terrance: (05/24/13 - 10:15 AM) Hmm I logged into my Resellers dashboard and that ...
Aleks: (05/24/13 - 10:39 AM) I agree with Carissa! That's messed up ...
Matt: (05/24/13 - 10:39 AM) [quote]bCarissa said:/b That's pretty rude of ...
- WEBINAR -- Maximize Dashboard Tools
- WEBINAR -- Ask a Reseller with Chris
- WEBINAR -- Get Your Clients' Websites Right the First Time
- WEBINAR-- Website Reseller Program (What Is It, How Does It Work, How To Sell It)
- WEBINAR -- The Big Bad Customer Retention Question
- WEBINAR -- Ask a Reseller Series with Chuck
- WEBINAR -- Customizing Our Reseller Marketing Collateral in Under 60 Seconds
- WEBINAR -- How To Maximize Your Onsite SEO
- WEBINAR -- SEO: Back to Basics
- WEBINAR -- New Monthly Newsletter Service
- PPC Strategy 101: Small Business Tactics [VIDEO]
- 3 Things To Look For When Choosing a Pay Per Click Management Company [VIDEO]
- How to do the best Content Marketing [VIDEO]
- Be ready for Google Penguin Updates 2013 [VIDEO]
- How to Promote My Website [VIDEO]
- Link Building Agency [VIDEO]
- Content Marketing Tips for 2013
- Best SEO Strategy [VIDEO]
- 5 Best Website Optimization Tips [VIDEO]