Translating SEO articles from English to Spanish......Duplicate content?
One of my clients raised this question to me and it made me think. He is going to have a native Spanish speaker translate the articles for a fluent translation. These articles are also going to point towards his website. Will Google see this as duplicate content and put his SEO efforts in jeopardy?
Probably not. In fact, the spammers used to use the online translation software as way to "spin" their content. For example, they would take a English article, have the software translate it to Spanish, then stick it back in the translator and bring it back to English. Except, it would be very different (enough for the search engines). I am not recommending this procedure as it creates total garbage (not readable). But my point was that Google will probably not see it as duplicate.
If it was French or German, that would be a problem, but not Spanish.
Really? Why does Spanish have an exception then? Just for being widely spoken in the US - if so, the internet is so global that some types of sites would want to be multilingual anyway aside from SEO purposes
I was just teasing. It would not be duplicate content in any case. Each language has a different word for the same thing.
I figured as much. Even if for no other reason than that google doesn't translate searches.
I agree. Language translators get the job done - but just barely. There are grammatical holes that are incredibly obvious to those that speak the language. Try to copy/paste and translate a Spanish article into English and see what happens.
or Contact Us Today
Interested in Our
Eric R: (05/24/13 - 04:28 PM) It's different, but I like it. Cleaner looking... ...
Chad: (05/24/13 - 04:28 PM) I can't wait to see how it looks. I requested an i ...
Dave: (05/24/13 - 04:28 PM) God Speed. Keep us up to date on any revelations i ...
Dave: (05/24/13 - 03:44 PM) I wonder how automated it is [quote]bTerrance s ...
Terrance: (05/24/13 - 03:44 PM) Wow this could be use to sabotage people. They are ...
Renee: (05/24/13 - 03:44 PM) I like the 1984 reference. ...
Renee: (05/24/13 - 03:44 PM) [quote]bEllen said:/b Is this new? a rel= no ...
Ellen: (05/24/13 - 03:44 PM) Is this new? a rel= nofollow = s://docs ...
Jason G.: (05/24/13 - 03:44 PM) Salvation Army is down, can United Way and VVA be ...
- WEBINAR -- Maximize Dashboard Tools
- WEBINAR -- Ask a Reseller with Chris
- WEBINAR -- Get Your Clients' Websites Right the First Time
- WEBINAR-- Website Reseller Program (What Is It, How Does It Work, How To Sell It)
- WEBINAR -- The Big Bad Customer Retention Question
- WEBINAR -- Ask a Reseller Series with Chuck
- WEBINAR -- Customizing Our Reseller Marketing Collateral in Under 60 Seconds
- WEBINAR -- How To Maximize Your Onsite SEO
- WEBINAR -- SEO: Back to Basics
- WEBINAR -- New Monthly Newsletter Service
- PPC Strategy 101: Small Business Tactics [VIDEO]
- 3 Things To Look For When Choosing a Pay Per Click Management Company [VIDEO]
- How to do the best Content Marketing [VIDEO]
- Be ready for Google Penguin Updates 2013 [VIDEO]
- How to Promote My Website [VIDEO]
- Link Building Agency [VIDEO]
- Content Marketing Tips for 2013
- Best SEO Strategy [VIDEO]
- 5 Best Website Optimization Tips [VIDEO]