Translating SEO articles from English to Spanish......Duplicate content?
One of my clients raised this question to me and it made me think. He is going to have a native Spanish speaker translate the articles for a fluent translation. These articles are also going to point towards his website. Will Google see this as duplicate content and put his SEO efforts in jeopardy?
Probably not. In fact, the spammers used to use the online translation software as way to "spin" their content. For example, they would take a English article, have the software translate it to Spanish, then stick it back in the translator and bring it back to English. Except, it would be very different (enough for the search engines). I am not recommending this procedure as it creates total garbage (not readable). But my point was that Google will probably not see it as duplicate.
If it was French or German, that would be a problem, but not Spanish.
Really? Why does Spanish have an exception then? Just for being widely spoken in the US - if so, the internet is so global that some types of sites would want to be multilingual anyway aside from SEO purposes
I was just teasing. It would not be duplicate content in any case. Each language has a different word for the same thing.
I figured as much. Even if for no other reason than that google doesn't translate searches.
I agree. Language translators get the job done - but just barely. There are grammatical holes that are incredibly obvious to those that speak the language. Try to copy/paste and translate a Spanish article into English and see what happens.
or Contact Us Today
Interested in Our
White Label SEO?
Jesse: (12/04/13 - 12:53 PM) Nice website! Bookmarked!! ...
Eric R: (12/04/13 - 12:02 PM) What is the maximum number of links should you hav ...
: (12/04/13 - 11:49 AM) I'm just remembering this piece that ran in the th ...
Terrance: (12/04/13 - 11:49 AM) I was wondering where this was going and then I cl ...
Charlie: (12/04/13 - 12:53 PM) a = ://theoatmeal.com/comics/semicolon T ...
Adam M: (12/04/13 - 11:49 AM) Interesting that a foundation famous for censorshi ...
Aqeel: (12/04/13 - 11:49 AM) The Diane Rehm show did an episode related to this ...
Aqeel: (12/04/13 - 09:34 AM) [quote]b said:/b As far as business goes, pint ...
Svea Shout: (12/04/13 - 09:34 AM) I LOVE Pinterest. It is so versatile, I can pin id ...
- WEBINAR -- Boost Traffic and Credibility with BuzzGraphics
- WEBINAR -- Tell Us What You Want
- WEBINAR -- How Google Hummingbird Affects You
- WEBINAR -- Delivering Premium Content
- WEBINAR -- Efficient Revenue: Pay Per Click Retargeting
- WEBINAR -- Selling the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 3 [LAST CHANCE]
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 2
- WEBINAR -- Learn All About the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- Maximize Dashboard Tools
- Social Media and the Rise of Giving Tuesday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Productivity Loss on Cyber Monday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Can Yahoo Take on Traditional News Media? [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Protecting Yourself on Cyber Monday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Using Small Business Saturday to Bring in Local Business [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Content Discovery & Twitter's New Custom Timelines [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Google Data Requests from Government Increasing [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Why Facebook Wants Snapchat [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Would You Pay for that Fancy Google URL? [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]