Tracking Phone Calls at the keyword level
Hi Guys, I know the system doesn't currently track which keywords "resulted" in a phone call for a PPC Camapign but could this be implemented.
I know there are third party solutions out there that do this so it seems it is possible. This would be a major plus to an ROI for such a campaign. Imagine knowing which keywords brought you web to leads ( already in place via gogle conversion tracking ) and phonecalls - WOW !!
We've look at this a great deal over the last few years. It's costly because you need a bunch of phone numbers. The leading solutions do it with a group of phone numbers and almost assign a "session" to the visitor when they hit the website. They give that person a unique phone number which is eventually recycled). We decided not to do it because many people grow very attached to the phone numbers and don't like the "recycle" idea...
The other way to go is to look at your top keywords (which is usually a relatively short list) and buy phone numbers for those and then an "all other."
The other big barrier here is the dreaded NOT PROVIDED. This is a Google limitation (under the guise of privacy) and there's nothing anyone can do about it.
Hi Adam , Hmm okay. How would buying phone numbers for the top keywords work. Do you put some code in the destination URL at the keyword level or something in order to track this
See, that was our thinking last year before Google moved such a high percentage of searches into NOT PROVIDED... I feel like this really kills the idea...
As in they just wouldn't provide the keywords that were searched on
Larry... Google still provides keywords for all PPC traffic (if you pay you always get the keyword regardless of whether the person is logged in or not). So, yes, you would register 10-15 numbers and then set the phone tracking parameter at the keyword level destination url.
I would actually mix adgroup level tracking numbers with keyword level tracking numbers. If you have 5-10 adgroups, you could have numbers for each of the adgroups and then for your really important keywords have specific numbers at the keyword level.
Also take a look at this thread where we covered some similar ground.
okay guys - thanks for that
Thanks Chad! I had a demo today and this topic came up. I am starting to see how these forums work and Loving them!
or Contact Us Today
Interested in Our
Jesse: (05/22/13 - 09:40 AM) God knows there are plenty of startup douches in M ...
Jesse: (05/22/13 - 09:39 AM) Go Amazon!!! ...
: (05/22/13 - 09:39 AM) I know Andy, Google and Apple ranking higher than ...
Andy: (05/22/13 - 09:39 AM) 15 years ago Mcdonalds and Coke owned. ...
Eric R: (05/22/13 - 09:09 AM) Maps is a crucial layer in the programming for pl ...
Carissa: (05/22/13 - 09:09 AM) yes, I saw the first post. I just watched the vide ...
Andy: (05/22/13 - 09:09 AM) Thanks for the info ...
Eric R: (05/22/13 - 09:09 AM) This has a ton of implications for local (see firs ...
Brian Long: (05/22/13 - 09:40 AM) Every startup douche in Manhattan and LA will have ...
- WEBINAR -- Maximize Dashboard Tools
- WEBINAR -- Ask a Reseller with Chris
- WEBINAR -- Get Your Clients' Websites Right the First Time
- WEBINAR-- Website Reseller Program (What Is It, How Does It Work, How To Sell It)
- WEBINAR -- The Big Bad Customer Retention Question
- WEBINAR -- Ask a Reseller Series with Chuck
- WEBINAR -- Customizing Our Reseller Marketing Collateral in Under 60 Seconds
- WEBINAR -- How To Maximize Your Onsite SEO
- WEBINAR -- SEO: Back to Basics
- WEBINAR -- New Monthly Newsletter Service
- PPC Strategy 101: Small Business Tactics [VIDEO]
- 3 Things To Look For When Choosing a Pay Per Click Management Company [VIDEO]
- How to do the best Content Marketing [VIDEO]
- Be ready for Google Penguin Updates 2013 [VIDEO]
- How to Promote My Website [VIDEO]
- Link Building Agency [VIDEO]
- Content Marketing Tips for 2013
- Best SEO Strategy [VIDEO]
- 5 Best Website Optimization Tips [VIDEO]