The Evolution of SEO -- Search Marketing Integration
A common debate in the industry is whether SEO is dying. We always say it is not, but it IS evolving (much like the internet and search engines). And that's important. SEO is and has changed. And it needs to be part of a solid well-rounded diversified online marketing strategy that is grounded in good research. It can't be viewed as a standalone. It's a piece of the overall marketing puzzle.
A Search Engine Watch article today underscores that evolution: "The SEO landscape has changed, and the current shift can be defined by a single concept: integration."
The New SEO: Search Marketing Integration
"Imagine a search engine that incorporates the data from a platform like LinkedIn with the accuracy and scope of Google!" I think this was well said.
The idea of integration is critical. Its hard to prove a strong ROI if you don't take into the account how one tactic actually leads to multiple benefits. Take a guest blog post as an example. If you only thought about the value of the link you earned, you'd quickly abandon it.
But if you add in the value of the audience that reads the post, the number of people that then follow you on social media directly, the downstream benefits of the new followers social media contacts, the value of the brand impression on the guest blog site, the marketing value of saying that you write for "xyz publication" in your bio and more... it starts to look like a very good deal.
or Contact Us Today
Interested in Our
Alan: (05/23/13 - 04:08 PM) @Terrance - I went to the Research tab in my dashb ...
Terrance: (05/23/13 - 04:08 PM) Hey team in the Research Module there is a video t ...
Renee: (05/23/13 - 03:08 PM) HubShout is one of the sponsors for this year's a ...
Bill: (05/23/13 - 02:59 PM) Over? I think they will design it to fit under if ...
Tom: (05/23/13 - 02:59 PM) They will probably have to make it big enough to f ...
Roger: (05/23/13 - 02:49 PM) Personally there are really great products out the ...
Bill: (05/23/13 - 02:59 PM) You don't think Google will make it left-compatibl ...
Tom: (05/23/13 - 02:59 PM) You know Brian, everyone is so sue happy in the wo ...
Adam: (05/23/13 - 02:49 PM) Good stuff guys. We have toyed with the idea of bu ...
- WEBINAR -- Maximize Dashboard Tools
- WEBINAR -- Ask a Reseller with Chris
- WEBINAR -- Get Your Clients' Websites Right the First Time
- WEBINAR-- Website Reseller Program (What Is It, How Does It Work, How To Sell It)
- WEBINAR -- The Big Bad Customer Retention Question
- WEBINAR -- Ask a Reseller Series with Chuck
- WEBINAR -- Customizing Our Reseller Marketing Collateral in Under 60 Seconds
- WEBINAR -- How To Maximize Your Onsite SEO
- WEBINAR -- SEO: Back to Basics
- WEBINAR -- New Monthly Newsletter Service
- PPC Strategy 101: Small Business Tactics [VIDEO]
- 3 Things To Look For When Choosing a Pay Per Click Management Company [VIDEO]
- How to do the best Content Marketing [VIDEO]
- Be ready for Google Penguin Updates 2013 [VIDEO]
- How to Promote My Website [VIDEO]
- Link Building Agency [VIDEO]
- Content Marketing Tips for 2013
- Best SEO Strategy [VIDEO]
- 5 Best Website Optimization Tips [VIDEO]