The Evolution of SEO -- Search Marketing Integration
A common debate in the industry is whether SEO is dying. We always say it is not, but it IS evolving (much like the internet and search engines). And that's important. SEO is and has changed. And it needs to be part of a solid well-rounded diversified online marketing strategy that is grounded in good research. It can't be viewed as a standalone. It's a piece of the overall marketing puzzle.
A Search Engine Watch article today underscores that evolution: "The SEO landscape has changed, and the current shift can be defined by a single concept: integration."
The New SEO: Search Marketing Integration
"Imagine a search engine that incorporates the data from a platform like LinkedIn with the accuracy and scope of Google!" I think this was well said.
The idea of integration is critical. Its hard to prove a strong ROI if you don't take into the account how one tactic actually leads to multiple benefits. Take a guest blog post as an example. If you only thought about the value of the link you earned, you'd quickly abandon it.
But if you add in the value of the audience that reads the post, the number of people that then follow you on social media directly, the downstream benefits of the new followers social media contacts, the value of the brand impression on the guest blog site, the marketing value of saying that you write for "xyz publication" in your bio and more... it starts to look like a very good deal.
or Contact Us Today
Interested in Our
White Label SEO?
Brian Long: (12/06/13 - 10:05 PM) [quote]b said:/bI check Facebook way too many ...
: (12/06/13 - 01:56 PM) Thanks Adam. I really do appreciate your help, on ...
Adam: (12/06/13 - 01:56 PM) Hi guys. We have ticket 4349157 open on this. Anal ...
Tim Fahndrich: (12/06/13 - 01:31 PM) Adam, Re: #3... it does appear that it is on the p ...
Kyle: (12/06/13 - 01:19 PM) Were we ever able to obtain these? ...
Jason G.: (12/06/13 - 01:31 PM) Matt, I also wanted to jump in quickly to let you ...
Eric R: (12/06/13 - 01:31 PM) 5. Ok, I will try to do a better job of keeping t ...
: (12/06/13 - 01:56 PM) Adam, Please answer my question; will this ever b ...
Chris Vale: (12/06/13 - 12:50 PM) Hi Hubshout! I'm looking to sell a featured artic ...
- WEBINAR -- Boost Traffic and Credibility with BuzzGraphics
- WEBINAR -- Tell Us What You Want
- WEBINAR -- How Google Hummingbird Affects You
- WEBINAR -- Delivering Premium Content
- WEBINAR -- Efficient Revenue: Pay Per Click Retargeting
- WEBINAR -- Selling the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 3 [LAST CHANCE]
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 2
- WEBINAR -- Learn All About the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- Maximize Dashboard Tools
- HubShout's No Shave MOvember Raises $1062 for Us TOO
- Google Needs to Have Santa Now Too? [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Social Media and the Rise of Giving Tuesday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Productivity Loss on Cyber Monday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Can Yahoo Take on Traditional News Media? [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Protecting Yourself on Cyber Monday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Using Small Business Saturday to Bring in Local Business [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Content Discovery & Twitter's New Custom Timelines [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Google Data Requests from Government Increasing [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]