PPC is expensive, right?
The cost depends on so many variables but the biggest indicator of cost is keyword competition. The more people who are bidding on a particular keyword, the more you'll have to pay to target that keyword. PPC is far more affordable than many other advertising channels and you can easily measure your ROI from your PPC campaign (unlike a newspaper or radio ad).
Chad and I have been looking at data related to this recently and PPC is a higher Cost Per Lead than SEO in most cases - according to the data. That being said, PPC is usually cheaper than other traditional outbound marketing efforts such as Print, Conferences and Radio advertising.
PPC can give you an instant boost in traffic while the SEO campaign is ramping up. Once you start getting better search rankings from your SEO campaign, you may not need PPC. Of course you're only going to get results from your SEO campaign if you know what actions you need to take to make it work and you do them every day without fail. PPC is more straightforward.
It is also ideal for clients with odd products. I had a client come to me who had a product that was an alternative to pet insurance. No one is looking for that so an SEO campaign was not an option. SEO helps to capture pre-existing demand. With PPC all we would have to do is write some snappy ad copy, use some contextual display networks and other tools we might use to target pet owners.
We had a client that wanted to run an Adwords PPC campaign to advertise a product by the product's very unknown brand name. The broad category terms for were highly competitive and very expensive. Writing snappy ads for the display network was the best choice for this campaign too.
Also, with PPC it is much easier to measure the return over traditional advertising. You know exactly what you are getting for your advertising dollars.
I'm with Dave on this. PPC gives you instant feedback on what is and is not performing for your campaign; including appeals, calls to action, landing pages, etc.
or Contact Us Today
Interested in Our
Brian Long: (05/24/13 - 11:34 AM) I cannot stop laughing while reading this thread. ...
Adam: (05/24/13 - 11:34 AM) The new profile of a spammy link builder according ...
Eric R: (05/24/13 - 11:34 AM) img src= ://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg50 ...
Ellen: (05/24/13 - 11:34 AM) [quote]bBill said:/b Maybe someone did donate ...
Bill: (05/24/13 - 11:34 AM) Maybe someone did donate their used, outdated SEO ...
Terrance: (05/24/13 - 11:34 AM) Wow this is great news and the buzz continues. I h ...
Andy: (05/24/13 - 11:34 AM) Someone needs to donate SEO to the Salvation Army ...
Eric R: (05/24/13 - 11:34 AM) Salvation Army isn't spending enough in AdWords :- ...
Bill: (05/24/13 - 11:34 AM) Panda and Penguin will team up to put conservation ...
- WEBINAR -- Maximize Dashboard Tools
- WEBINAR -- Ask a Reseller with Chris
- WEBINAR -- Get Your Clients' Websites Right the First Time
- WEBINAR-- Website Reseller Program (What Is It, How Does It Work, How To Sell It)
- WEBINAR -- The Big Bad Customer Retention Question
- WEBINAR -- Ask a Reseller Series with Chuck
- WEBINAR -- Customizing Our Reseller Marketing Collateral in Under 60 Seconds
- WEBINAR -- How To Maximize Your Onsite SEO
- WEBINAR -- SEO: Back to Basics
- WEBINAR -- New Monthly Newsletter Service
- PPC Strategy 101: Small Business Tactics [VIDEO]
- 3 Things To Look For When Choosing a Pay Per Click Management Company [VIDEO]
- How to do the best Content Marketing [VIDEO]
- Be ready for Google Penguin Updates 2013 [VIDEO]
- How to Promote My Website [VIDEO]
- Link Building Agency [VIDEO]
- Content Marketing Tips for 2013
- Best SEO Strategy [VIDEO]
- 5 Best Website Optimization Tips [VIDEO]