NORAD Santa Tracker to Use Bing Maps This Year
For those of you who follow Santa, the "Track Santa" page NORAD hosts will use Bing Maps this year instead of Google Maps. It is also offering its own app this year for mobile and will still have its YouTube channel.
I dig this tracker, so we'll see how the new changes affect the user experience if at all.
Danny Sullivan: "It’s a pretty big win for Microsoft and should give its products greater exposure, though I’m kind of sad that NORAD Tracks Santa is now developing into a service that corporations are clearly fighting over to sponsor. But I love the service, and if it helps support it, cool."
Search Engine Watch:
This Year, NORAD Tracks Santa With Microsoft & Bing, Not Google
It also helps to sprinkle "reindeer food" on your lawn if you want Santa to come. We use silver glitter and oatmeal. It may not be as fancy as a NORAD super computer but It has worked every year so far.
Matt, maybe you need some corporate sponsors too.
I was just thinking abotu the NORAD Santa Tracker today....my kids (and I!) love checking in with it on Christmas Eve. It will be interesting to see what changes will come through, if any.
This is huge for Bing. It's a good thing they didn't use Apple Maps, or who knows where Santa would've ended up!
Haha, so true! A more appropriate name for "Apple Maps" is "Crapple Maps."
I heard there was a huge spike in Google Maps app downloads once Apple Maps came out, it must have been really bad.
I'm pretty sure the algorithm they used was based off of the maps used by Spanish conquistadors.
or Contact Us Today
Interested in Our
Larry: (06/20/13 - 02:47 AM) Hi, The dahsboard is offline currently 07:45 GMT ( ...
: (06/19/13 - 10:52 PM) I use Bing ppc for my own business and am finding ...
: (06/19/13 - 06:14 PM) Your videos barely touch on that topic. Would lik ...
Adam: (06/19/13 - 06:14 PM) Anchor text should be appropriate to the CONTENT M ...
Bill: (06/19/13 - 05:49 PM) Even if it's not their only goal -- bringing inter ...
: (06/19/13 - 05:36 PM) Is there going to be new information in this webin ...
: (06/19/13 - 06:14 PM) HI Adam, I'm still unclear as to how the old campa ...
Jenna: (06/19/13 - 05:01 PM) The last chance to learn about the SEO plans will ...
Jenna: (06/19/13 - 05:36 PM) The last chance to learn about the SEO plans will ...
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 2
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 3 [LAST CHANCE]
- WEBINAR -- Learn All About the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- Maximize Dashboard Tools
- WEBINAR -- Ask a Reseller with Chris
- WEBINAR -- Get Your Clients' Websites Right the First Time
- WEBINAR-- Website Reseller Program (What Is It, How Does It Work, How To Sell It)
- WEBINAR -- The Big Bad Customer Retention Question
- WEBINAR -- Ask a Reseller Series with Chuck
- WEBINAR -- Customizing Our Reseller Marketing Collateral in Under 60 Seconds
- Selecting the right PPC Reseller Program
- Pay Per Click (PPC) Bid Management [VIDEO]
- PPC Ad Retargeting
- The Growing Importance of SEO for Local Businesses
- Natural Search Engine Optimization is a Myth
- White Label SEO for 2013 [VIDEO]
- Penguin-Proof SEO Reseller Program [VIDEO]
- Press release SEO [VIDEO]
- PPC Strategy 101: Small Business Tactics [VIDEO]