Matt Cutts Releases Video with Tips on Identifying Unnatural Links
Matt Cutts provides some insight on how to identify unnatural links: How do I know which links to remove when I get an "unnatural links" message
Search Engine Land:
Google’s Cutts On How To Locate Unnatural Links Pointing To Your Web Site
Thanks Renee. I am very curious to see the "types" of bad links that Mr. Cutts and his team are going to start sharing with Google Webmasters
The article Directories have gone from...You help my rankings...to, you do nothing for my rankings....to: You are putting me on Google's naughty list.
What a bunch of "peace meal" help from Google... if they only had to operate on the same playing field as we do. They're still not going to tell you specifics.
Just practice good clean white hat tactics ALL the time...
As always, Matt is useless... Let me sum up his message for you:
"We are being forced by the Federal Government and other groups to be more transparent, even though that is the last thing we want to do. So I'm going to release some more confusing data in Webmaster Tools and tell you just enough so that your clients are all crazy scared, but you won't really have learned anything new. Have a nice day. :-)"
Me too. I didn't really find the examples he gave during that short video helpful.
I watched this video yesterday and then spent some time in a few webmaster tool accounts last night. None of the accounts had warnings but the info in there was fairly useless. My biggest webmaster tools complaint:
1) Why can I only demote a sitelink instead of suggest one?
2) Why does google sort your links based on which domain links the most? I want to see which domains are most important to Google. The way they have it setup now seems to imply that you want lots of footer and sidebar links.
There are more... but those are my top 2.
or Contact Us Today
Interested in Our
White Label SEO?
Keila: (12/12/13 - 10:25 AM) This infographic is pretty interesting, and, from ...
Chad F: (12/12/13 - 09:54 AM) This is an awesome insight! ...
: (12/12/13 - 09:31 AM) I'm just glad restrictions are being eased on usin ...
: (12/12/13 - 08:31 AM) Good point about vinyl! And good points above that ...
: (12/12/13 - 09:54 AM) Very informative survey. I think it's important to ...
Keila: (12/12/13 - 09:54 AM) This is definitely something to think about when c ...
Renee: (12/11/13 - 05:21 PM) *sigh* make the crazy cat humor stop. ...
JingPing: (12/11/13 - 05:21 PM) a = ://www.pinterest.com/mathomson/funny- ...
Aqeel: (12/11/13 - 05:21 PM) a rel= nofollow = ://www.reddit.com/r/a ...
- WEBINAR -- Boost Traffic and Credibility with BuzzGraphics
- WEBINAR -- Tell Us What You Want
- WEBINAR -- How Google Hummingbird Affects You
- WEBINAR -- Delivering Premium Content
- WEBINAR -- Efficient Revenue: Pay Per Click Retargeting
- WEBINAR -- Selling the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 3 [LAST CHANCE]
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 2
- WEBINAR -- Learn All About the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- Maximize Dashboard Tools
- HubShout's No Shave MOvember Raises $1062 for Us TOO
- Google PageRank Still Alive...For Now
- Google Needs to Have Santa Now Too? [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Social Media and the Rise of Giving Tuesday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Productivity Loss on Cyber Monday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Can Yahoo Take on Traditional News Media? [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Protecting Yourself on Cyber Monday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Using Small Business Saturday to Bring in Local Business [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Content Discovery & Twitter's New Custom Timelines [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]