Matt Cutts Releases Video with Tips on Identifying Unnatural Links
Matt Cutts provides some insight on how to identify unnatural links: How do I know which links to remove when I get an "unnatural links" message
Search Engine Land:
Google’s Cutts On How To Locate Unnatural Links Pointing To Your Web Site
Thanks Renee. I am very curious to see the "types" of bad links that Mr. Cutts and his team are going to start sharing with Google Webmasters
The article Directories have gone from...You help my rankings...to, you do nothing for my rankings....to: You are putting me on Google's naughty list.
What a bunch of "peace meal" help from Google... if they only had to operate on the same playing field as we do. They're still not going to tell you specifics.
Just practice good clean white hat tactics ALL the time...
As always, Matt is useless... Let me sum up his message for you:
"We are being forced by the Federal Government and other groups to be more transparent, even though that is the last thing we want to do. So I'm going to release some more confusing data in Webmaster Tools and tell you just enough so that your clients are all crazy scared, but you won't really have learned anything new. Have a nice day. :-)"
Me too. I didn't really find the examples he gave during that short video helpful.
I watched this video yesterday and then spent some time in a few webmaster tool accounts last night. None of the accounts had warnings but the info in there was fairly useless. My biggest webmaster tools complaint:
1) Why can I only demote a sitelink instead of suggest one?
2) Why does google sort your links based on which domain links the most? I want to see which domains are most important to Google. The way they have it setup now seems to imply that you want lots of footer and sidebar links.
There are more... but those are my top 2.
or Contact Us Today
Interested in Our
: (06/18/13 - 12:19 AM) Hi Adam, yes mine dashboard is still showing zero. ...
: (06/17/13 - 11:48 PM) You can easily tell clients you use an external ou ...
: (06/17/13 - 05:55 PM) At first glance this seems ridiculous, but after G ...
Adam: (06/18/13 - 12:19 AM) Hi all. We really want to get this fixed for you.. ...
AdamUK: (06/17/13 - 04:57 PM) Are there plans to add Bing to the PPC services? ...
Tom: (06/17/13 - 05:55 PM) I didn't look at it from a an R&D perspective but ...
: (06/17/13 - 04:57 PM) Make that four clients spending $$ with Bing. I'd ...
: (06/17/13 - 04:57 PM) I would reallllly like to see Bing PPC info availa ...
Chad: (06/17/13 - 05:55 PM) It's really interesting.... the more people connec ...
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 2
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 3 [LAST CHANCE]
- WEBINAR -- Learn All About the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- Maximize Dashboard Tools
- WEBINAR -- Ask a Reseller with Chris
- WEBINAR -- Get Your Clients' Websites Right the First Time
- WEBINAR-- Website Reseller Program (What Is It, How Does It Work, How To Sell It)
- WEBINAR -- The Big Bad Customer Retention Question
- WEBINAR -- Ask a Reseller Series with Chuck
- WEBINAR -- Customizing Our Reseller Marketing Collateral in Under 60 Seconds
- Selecting the right PPC Reseller Program
- Pay Per Click (PPC) Bid Management [VIDEO]
- PPC Ad Retargeting
- The Growing Importance of SEO for Local Businesses
- Natural Search Engine Optimization is a Myth
- White Label SEO for 2013 [VIDEO]
- Penguin-Proof SEO Reseller Program [VIDEO]
- Press release SEO [VIDEO]
- PPC Strategy 101: Small Business Tactics [VIDEO]