Local SEO outside of the US
How will the new packages affect non-american resellers? I've heard there were issues before on the local seo, so now I'm curious to know has this been addressed and how?
I operate out of Canada, but I have clients here, Mexico, US and in Europe. I'd love to know if anything is being done to support them or not.
Also is there any effort going into adding multiple languages for SEO?
You may think, well most of your clients are English speaking, but in Canada if you operate nationally 30% of the market is French first, so it's not something without immediate merit.
I'll let Adam/Chad chime in on the language part of the question, since i'm not completely sure on that.
As for the Local listings, there are a lot of variables that change once you look at what creates a more complete business profile outside of the US. One example of this is Yahoo Local in Canada. Yahoo is using a 3rd party provider (YellowPages.ca) to collect/manage data. So to get on Yahoo Local in Canada, you must first submit your information to YellowPages. There are a lot of subtle changes that we would need to find a streamlined method for; Yahoo was just one that I was looking at a few minutes ago.
For the time being, our Local SEO packages are mainly geared towards US businesses. If you have specific questions about this be sure to talk to your account manager.
I thought you guys also managed local SEO targeting the UK because there is an option when setting up an account to choose reporting from Google.co.uk. Is this correct?
Being from Canada and serving mostly Canadian clients, in the past I was told that the local seo plans were not available to me. Something to do with not being able to create citations from the US for Canadian properties. Now that the local seo is baked into the smaller plans, how will this work for Canadian resellers?
@Spryfuse, this is exactly what I'm thinking now. Did they just make it much harder for us to sell SEO in Canada?
Well maybe not directly harder but by now being more expensive with little extra benefit to Canadian businesses, it will make it harder to sell.
That's unfortunate. We're CA based as well, we've found other limitations due to being CA such as the CRM not being functional because you can't enter canadian addresses.
There should be a list of items we Canucks and other internationals should be made aware of A) before we by and B) so we don't learn through cocking up a sale or looking silly e.g. the canadian addresses thing.
Can we get something like that? Or those webinars I suggested talking to us international folks.
I agree. It would be great so we don't sell something we can't deliver. For example the CRM I sold a client on it then found out it isn't usable because we can't properly enter the data.
or Contact Us Today
Interested in Our
White Label SEO?
: (12/10/13 - 05:41 PM) Hello, I have spoken to my AM & Adam on this but ...
: (12/10/13 - 04:18 PM) True enough, though I'd definitely expect Snapchat ...
Scott: (12/10/13 - 03:52 PM) It is a fantastic site ...and I'm not even going t ...
Eric R: (12/10/13 - 02:17 PM) a = ://searchenginewatch.com/article/2318 ...
Chris T: (12/10/13 - 04:18 PM) [quote]b said:/b I can't imagine Snapchat's go ...
: (12/10/13 - 04:18 PM) I can't imagine Snapchat's going to turn into a lo ...
Chad F: (12/10/13 - 11:10 AM) I also wonder if Google will try to get back the m ...
AdamUK: (12/10/13 - 11:06 AM) Cool, thanks Adam ...
Aqeel: (12/10/13 - 09:26 AM) My understanding of Pinterest might still be very ...
- WEBINAR -- Boost Traffic and Credibility with BuzzGraphics
- WEBINAR -- Tell Us What You Want
- WEBINAR -- How Google Hummingbird Affects You
- WEBINAR -- Delivering Premium Content
- WEBINAR -- Efficient Revenue: Pay Per Click Retargeting
- WEBINAR -- Selling the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 3 [LAST CHANCE]
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 2
- WEBINAR -- Learn All About the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- Maximize Dashboard Tools
- HubShout's No Shave MOvember Raises $1062 for Us TOO
- Google PageRank Still Alive...For Now
- Google Needs to Have Santa Now Too? [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Social Media and the Rise of Giving Tuesday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Productivity Loss on Cyber Monday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Can Yahoo Take on Traditional News Media? [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Protecting Yourself on Cyber Monday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Using Small Business Saturday to Bring in Local Business [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Content Discovery & Twitter's New Custom Timelines [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]