Link Building Myths
Eric Ward published this piece on Search Engine Land the day after Christmas. He talks about infographics, guest blogging, putting "submit" in the submission page URL, and pages with Links.html & Links.php.
Again, we see that intent and content are underscored.
"As long as there have been SEOs or link builders making claims that come across as absolutes, I have argued vehemently that absolutes are a trap. You give me the topic and tactic, and I can find useful, or useless approaches. Call it link tactic profiling. Sadly, once a tactic gets labeled as worthless, it’s hard to fight that label."
Five Linking Myths That Need To Go Away In 2013
I love the examples he uses. This is a very well written piece. Thanks for the share!
I love how INTENT is somehow relevant.... How exactly is that measured? ;-)
He just published another piece on link building today (in Search Engine Watch this time):
Where Link Building is Heading in 2013
Only the great Great Pumpkin can properly evaluate sincerity and that only relates to pumpkin patches. At least according to the Charlie Brown Halloween special
Love this article! Thanks for sharing. That /links mythbuster feat. a Harvard example was especially cool.
I agree as well. This was a great article. I made sure to share it. Absolutes are a trap. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. People can make promises to help, but anyone that promises instant rankings is probably selling snake oil.
Great article. I agree Jenna, the Harvard example was nice. The comments were pretty solid as well.
or Contact Us Today
Interested in Our
: (05/24/13 - 04:59 PM) I am so perplexed about the twitter thing. I'm sur ...
Eric R: (05/24/13 - 04:28 PM) It's different, but I like it. Cleaner looking... ...
Chad: (05/24/13 - 04:28 PM) I can't wait to see how it looks. I requested an i ...
Dave: (05/24/13 - 04:28 PM) God Speed. Keep us up to date on any revelations i ...
Dave: (05/24/13 - 04:59 PM) I wonder how automated it is [quote]bTerrance s ...
Terrance: (05/24/13 - 04:59 PM) Wow this could be use to sabotage people. They are ...
Renee: (05/24/13 - 04:59 PM) I like the 1984 reference. ...
Renee: (05/24/13 - 04:59 PM) [quote]bEllen said:/b Is this new? a rel= no ...
Ellen: (05/24/13 - 04:59 PM) Is this new? a rel= nofollow = s://docs ...
- WEBINAR -- Maximize Dashboard Tools
- WEBINAR -- Ask a Reseller with Chris
- WEBINAR -- Get Your Clients' Websites Right the First Time
- WEBINAR-- Website Reseller Program (What Is It, How Does It Work, How To Sell It)
- WEBINAR -- The Big Bad Customer Retention Question
- WEBINAR -- Ask a Reseller Series with Chuck
- WEBINAR -- Customizing Our Reseller Marketing Collateral in Under 60 Seconds
- WEBINAR -- How To Maximize Your Onsite SEO
- WEBINAR -- SEO: Back to Basics
- WEBINAR -- New Monthly Newsletter Service
- PPC Strategy 101: Small Business Tactics [VIDEO]
- 3 Things To Look For When Choosing a Pay Per Click Management Company [VIDEO]
- How to do the best Content Marketing [VIDEO]
- Be ready for Google Penguin Updates 2013 [VIDEO]
- How to Promote My Website [VIDEO]
- Link Building Agency [VIDEO]
- Content Marketing Tips for 2013
- Best SEO Strategy [VIDEO]
- 5 Best Website Optimization Tips [VIDEO]