Link Building Myths
Eric Ward published this piece on Search Engine Land the day after Christmas. He talks about infographics, guest blogging, putting "submit" in the submission page URL, and pages with Links.html & Links.php.
Again, we see that intent and content are underscored.
"As long as there have been SEOs or link builders making claims that come across as absolutes, I have argued vehemently that absolutes are a trap. You give me the topic and tactic, and I can find useful, or useless approaches. Call it link tactic profiling. Sadly, once a tactic gets labeled as worthless, it’s hard to fight that label."
Five Linking Myths That Need To Go Away In 2013
I love the examples he uses. This is a very well written piece. Thanks for the share!
I love how INTENT is somehow relevant.... How exactly is that measured? ;-)
He just published another piece on link building today (in Search Engine Watch this time):
Where Link Building is Heading in 2013
Only the great Great Pumpkin can properly evaluate sincerity and that only relates to pumpkin patches. At least according to the Charlie Brown Halloween special
Love this article! Thanks for sharing. That /links mythbuster feat. a Harvard example was especially cool.
I agree as well. This was a great article. I made sure to share it. Absolutes are a trap. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. People can make promises to help, but anyone that promises instant rankings is probably selling snake oil.
Great article. I agree Jenna, the Harvard example was nice. The comments were pretty solid as well.
or Contact Us Today
Interested in Our
White Label SEO?
: (12/07/13 - 04:49 PM) We might need to leave this platform, believe it o ...
Brian Long: (12/06/13 - 10:05 PM) [quote]b said:/bI check Facebook way too many ...
: (12/06/13 - 01:56 PM) Thanks Adam. I really do appreciate your help, on ...
Adam: (12/06/13 - 01:56 PM) Hi guys. We have ticket 4349157 open on this. Anal ...
Tim Fahndrich: (12/06/13 - 01:31 PM) Adam, Re: #3... it does appear that it is on the p ...
Kyle: (12/06/13 - 01:19 PM) Were we ever able to obtain these? ...
Jason G.: (12/06/13 - 01:31 PM) Matt, I also wanted to jump in quickly to let you ...
Eric R: (12/06/13 - 01:31 PM) 5. Ok, I will try to do a better job of keeping t ...
: (12/06/13 - 01:56 PM) Adam, Please answer my question; will this ever b ...
- WEBINAR -- Boost Traffic and Credibility with BuzzGraphics
- WEBINAR -- Tell Us What You Want
- WEBINAR -- How Google Hummingbird Affects You
- WEBINAR -- Delivering Premium Content
- WEBINAR -- Efficient Revenue: Pay Per Click Retargeting
- WEBINAR -- Selling the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 3 [LAST CHANCE]
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 2
- WEBINAR -- Learn All About the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- Maximize Dashboard Tools
- HubShout's No Shave MOvember Raises $1062 for Us TOO
- Google Needs to Have Santa Now Too? [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Social Media and the Rise of Giving Tuesday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Productivity Loss on Cyber Monday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Can Yahoo Take on Traditional News Media? [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Protecting Yourself on Cyber Monday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Using Small Business Saturday to Bring in Local Business [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Content Discovery & Twitter's New Custom Timelines [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Google Data Requests from Government Increasing [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]