Latest comScore Search Statistics
Worldwide, Google is still the most widely used search engine. Its number of unique searchers dipped ever so slightly. Yandex bumped Microsoft out of the 4th spot for number of searches (but Microsoft still ahead for unique searchers):
From Search Engine Land:
For December 2012, number of searches:
Google: 114.7 billion searches, 65.2% share
Baidu: 14.5 billion searches, 8.2% share
Yahoo: 8.6 billion searches, 4.9% share
Yandex: 4.8 billion searches, 2.8% share
Microsoft: 4.5 billion searches, 2.5% share
Others: 28.7 billion searches, 16.3% share
December 2012, unique searchers:
Google: 1.17 billion unique searchers, 76.6% share
Baidu: 293 million unique searchers, 19.2% share
Yahoo: 292 million unique searchers, 19.2% share
Microsoft: 269 million unique searchers, 17.6% share
Yandex: 74 million unique searchers, 4.9% share
This is interesting because when the BIG DIP happened last August and September, everyone was writing blog posts about how Google (and SEO) were dead... This shows that it was a short-lived dip and the volume came back...
If not search, then what? What was going on in August? Increased usage of mobile apps?
Google will one day take over the world. Then again, haven't they?
And yeah, I knew that Google wasn't going to be dying out anytime soon, even last August and September.
for most of our PPC and SEO clients...desktop search is where it is at.
or Contact Us Today
Interested in Our
Carissa: (05/21/13 - 06:04 PM) yes, I saw the first post. I just watched the vide ...
Andy: (05/21/13 - 06:04 PM) Thanks for the info ...
Eric R: (05/21/13 - 06:04 PM) This has a ton of implications for local (see firs ...
Brian Long: (05/21/13 - 05:47 PM) Every startup douche in Manhattan and LA will have ...
Carissa: (05/21/13 - 06:04 PM) oh man...this looks fun. So, what does this have ...
Bill: (05/21/13 - 05:47 PM) So far the Google Glass introduction has been like ...
Bill: (05/21/13 - 05:30 PM) Yahoo is only 19... although that's about 182 in I ...
Dave: (05/21/13 - 06:04 PM) I figured I would just throw the URL for the previ ...
Dave: (05/21/13 - 05:30 PM) This picture sums up the situation in it's entiret ...
- WEBINAR -- Maximize Dashboard Tools
- WEBINAR -- Ask a Reseller with Chris
- WEBINAR -- Get Your Clients' Websites Right the First Time
- WEBINAR-- Website Reseller Program (What Is It, How Does It Work, How To Sell It)
- WEBINAR -- The Big Bad Customer Retention Question
- WEBINAR -- Ask a Reseller Series with Chuck
- WEBINAR -- Customizing Our Reseller Marketing Collateral in Under 60 Seconds
- WEBINAR -- How To Maximize Your Onsite SEO
- WEBINAR -- SEO: Back to Basics
- WEBINAR -- New Monthly Newsletter Service
- PPC Strategy 101: Small Business Tactics [VIDEO]
- 3 Things To Look For When Choosing a Pay Per Click Management Company [VIDEO]
- How to do the best Content Marketing [VIDEO]
- Be ready for Google Penguin Updates 2013 [VIDEO]
- How to Promote My Website [VIDEO]
- Link Building Agency [VIDEO]
- Content Marketing Tips for 2013
- Best SEO Strategy [VIDEO]
- 5 Best Website Optimization Tips [VIDEO]