Latest comScore Search Statistics
Worldwide, Google is still the most widely used search engine. Its number of unique searchers dipped ever so slightly. Yandex bumped Microsoft out of the 4th spot for number of searches (but Microsoft still ahead for unique searchers):
From Search Engine Land:
For December 2012, number of searches:
Google: 114.7 billion searches, 65.2% share
Baidu: 14.5 billion searches, 8.2% share
Yahoo: 8.6 billion searches, 4.9% share
Yandex: 4.8 billion searches, 2.8% share
Microsoft: 4.5 billion searches, 2.5% share
Others: 28.7 billion searches, 16.3% share
December 2012, unique searchers:
Google: 1.17 billion unique searchers, 76.6% share
Baidu: 293 million unique searchers, 19.2% share
Yahoo: 292 million unique searchers, 19.2% share
Microsoft: 269 million unique searchers, 17.6% share
Yandex: 74 million unique searchers, 4.9% share
This is interesting because when the BIG DIP happened last August and September, everyone was writing blog posts about how Google (and SEO) were dead... This shows that it was a short-lived dip and the volume came back...
If not search, then what? What was going on in August? Increased usage of mobile apps?
Google will one day take over the world. Then again, haven't they?
And yeah, I knew that Google wasn't going to be dying out anytime soon, even last August and September.
for most of our PPC and SEO clients...desktop search is where it is at.
or Contact Us Today
Interested in Our
White Label SEO?
Brian Long: (12/06/13 - 10:05 PM) [quote]b said:/bI check Facebook way too many ...
: (12/06/13 - 01:56 PM) Thanks Adam. I really do appreciate your help, on ...
Adam: (12/06/13 - 01:56 PM) Hi guys. We have ticket 4349157 open on this. Anal ...
Tim Fahndrich: (12/06/13 - 01:31 PM) Adam, Re: #3... it does appear that it is on the p ...
Kyle: (12/06/13 - 01:19 PM) Were we ever able to obtain these? ...
Jason G.: (12/06/13 - 01:31 PM) Matt, I also wanted to jump in quickly to let you ...
Eric R: (12/06/13 - 01:31 PM) 5. Ok, I will try to do a better job of keeping t ...
: (12/06/13 - 01:56 PM) Adam, Please answer my question; will this ever b ...
Chris Vale: (12/06/13 - 12:50 PM) Hi Hubshout! I'm looking to sell a featured artic ...
- WEBINAR -- Boost Traffic and Credibility with BuzzGraphics
- WEBINAR -- Tell Us What You Want
- WEBINAR -- How Google Hummingbird Affects You
- WEBINAR -- Delivering Premium Content
- WEBINAR -- Efficient Revenue: Pay Per Click Retargeting
- WEBINAR -- Selling the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 3 [LAST CHANCE]
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 2
- WEBINAR -- Learn All About the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- Maximize Dashboard Tools
- HubShout's No Shave MOvember Raises $1062 for Us TOO
- Google Needs to Have Santa Now Too? [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Social Media and the Rise of Giving Tuesday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Productivity Loss on Cyber Monday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Can Yahoo Take on Traditional News Media? [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Protecting Yourself on Cyber Monday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Using Small Business Saturday to Bring in Local Business [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Content Discovery & Twitter's New Custom Timelines [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Google Data Requests from Government Increasing [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]