Latest Google+ Update!
I just got the latest info on a new Google+ feature - Google+Communities.
I knew there would be something new rolling out, and here it is.
It's really interesting how this will play in our strategies as far as SEO value goes. I saw a "call of duty players" community and decided to test out something that ranks organically. Since there are already about 900 members in that group and there has been a lot of conversation about the game, it ranks somewhat well.
Since we now how organized groups by specific themes, you have a more focused audience to share content with.
Brilliant! So is it safe to say that the focused content in these communities will have more juice because of the specificity?
ummm....I love it. it would seem to me that if a company like Hubshout could produce some quality content and share it with a relevant community, we could see the holy grail of SEO happen more frequently. Interested people linking to quality content marketing. I think I feel faint.
I'm already starting to jump on some communities. So much better because we can find focused themes for groups, not just posting stuff on our Google+ pages and hoping someone finds them in a search... or hoping that people in our circles takes the time to look at it. I can see the potential for some people to abuse this and spam communities... but then again there might be some safeguards against that. A lot of communities require an invitation (although many are public). I'm also assuming there will be "community owners" or something who will have the ability to moderate the postings and remove users who simply spam them.
This definitely brings an interesting twist to content marketing.
Thanks for taking the initiative to start jumping down those rabbit holes. I see great potential.
I decided to look at one of the groups which I assumed had a heavily competitive keyword - "call of duty players" and see how the google+community page does in organic. For those of you who do not know, Call of duty is a combat/war game which is insanely popular across the world.
So... I searched for "call of duty players" which currently has 181,000,000 results indexed. Pretty decent competition for that keyword (which is the exact name of the community group). They community group is ranked #10 organically... and here's the kicker... IT'S ONLY 8 HOURS OLD
I see two immediate implications....
1) Find communities and join. (add to existing conversations)
2) Create and curate communities of our own. (this is potentially awesome)
Do you think the communities will become saturated with so many of the same topics?
That is a distinct possibility. Spammy communities will no doubt lose users and have less weight. Running authentic communities will be the key.
or Contact Us Today
Interested in Our
: (06/18/13 - 05:35 PM) [quote]biNovate said:/b Jason G just took care ...
Adam: (06/18/13 - 05:35 PM) Excellent!!! :-) ...
iNovate: (06/18/13 - 05:35 PM) Jason G just took care of me through my portal! T ...
Adam: (06/18/13 - 05:35 PM) I believe there is training on this in a webinar, ...
iNovate: (06/18/13 - 05:35 PM) Hello, So on the proposal preview, under the SEO t ...
Eric R: (06/18/13 - 02:50 PM) a = ://techcrunch.com/2013/06/18/google-u ...
Adam: (06/18/13 - 01:36 PM) Joe - I have updates for you in ticket 3063764... ...
Aleks: (06/18/13 - 12:54 PM) True, The link provided above is the sell sheet wh ...
Aleks: (06/18/13 - 12:54 PM) Hi, the one at the top of the thread is an older v ...
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 2
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 3 [LAST CHANCE]
- WEBINAR -- Learn All About the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- Maximize Dashboard Tools
- WEBINAR -- Ask a Reseller with Chris
- WEBINAR -- Get Your Clients' Websites Right the First Time
- WEBINAR-- Website Reseller Program (What Is It, How Does It Work, How To Sell It)
- WEBINAR -- The Big Bad Customer Retention Question
- WEBINAR -- Ask a Reseller Series with Chuck
- WEBINAR -- Customizing Our Reseller Marketing Collateral in Under 60 Seconds
- Selecting the right PPC Reseller Program
- Pay Per Click (PPC) Bid Management [VIDEO]
- PPC Ad Retargeting
- The Growing Importance of SEO for Local Businesses
- Natural Search Engine Optimization is a Myth
- White Label SEO for 2013 [VIDEO]
- Penguin-Proof SEO Reseller Program [VIDEO]
- Press release SEO [VIDEO]
- PPC Strategy 101: Small Business Tactics [VIDEO]