Just how difficult is Google+ Local/Local Search???
For those of you who do not know, I am a pretty consistent contributor to the "Google and Your Business" forum, mainly dealing with issues for Google+ Local... and as most of you guess, there are a lot of problems. Well, I was on it today and I saw one post in particular that caught my eye
I guess it's not only small businesses that have problems with Google+Local, but Michigan State University? That was a surprise to find.
What issues is everyone else out there having with Google+ Local?
The picture is a little hard to read, but If I adjust it any further I don't think anyone will be able to see it. Basically Michigan state university can't find a way to correctly display their address and phone number.... oh and it is labeled at "michigan state university veterinary teaching hospital" not "Michigan State University"
I just did a quick Google Search and... it is quite a problem for them. "Michigan State Univeristy" has their map market on a city federal building, not the school. Oh Google... your local maps issues don't seem to discriminate... ha
What a mess! I know Google wants to take over the world, but seriously???
Was this a new problem after the mitigation to Google+ or was this with their Local Map Listing before as well?
I'm going to assume since it is listed incorrectly in Google Maps, it was an existing problem. The merger to Google+ should have just transferred the same information over from Places to +. Since the NAP information is wrong, that leads me to believe it's been wrong for quite a while, lol
or Contact Us Today
Interested in Our
techshrinks: (05/18/13 - 08:16 PM) I need the New Forum thread started emails remov ...
Chris: (05/18/13 - 04:13 PM) This video tutorial will demonstrate how to utiliz ...
Chris: (05/18/13 - 01:39 PM) This video shows you how review your incoming phon ...
Chris: (05/18/13 - 10:14 AM) [quote]bMatt said:/bGoogle wins...roll the cre ...
: (05/18/13 - 01:42 AM) Great suggestions guys!! Do you offer phone tracki ...
Jesse: (05/17/13 - 08:33 PM) That is terrific news! ...
Jesse: (05/18/13 - 10:14 AM) I too agree with Matt. Google has become an all-in ...
Jesse: (05/17/13 - 08:30 PM) I still don't see Bing overtaking Google anytime w ...
Terrance: (05/18/13 - 10:14 AM) Nicely Put Matt. ...
- WEBINAR -- Maximize Dashboard Tools
- WEBINAR -- Ask a Reseller with Chris
- WEBINAR -- Get Your Clients' Websites Right the First Time
- WEBINAR-- Website Reseller Program (What Is It, How Does It Work, How To Sell It)
- WEBINAR -- The Big Bad Customer Retention Question
- WEBINAR -- Ask a Reseller Series with Chuck
- WEBINAR -- Customizing Our Reseller Marketing Collateral in Under 60 Seconds
- WEBINAR -- How To Maximize Your Onsite SEO
- WEBINAR -- SEO: Back to Basics
- WEBINAR -- New Monthly Newsletter Service
- PPC Strategy 101: Small Business Tactics [VIDEO]
- 3 Things To Look For When Choosing a Pay Per Click Management Company [VIDEO]
- How to do the best Content Marketing [VIDEO]
- How to Promote My Website [VIDEO]
- Link Building Agency [VIDEO]
- Content Marketing Tips for 2013
- Best SEO Strategy [VIDEO]
- 5 Best Website Optimization Tips [VIDEO]
- How To Start a Video Blog For Your Small Biz [INFOGRAPHIC]