How Unique Should Content Really Be?
Rand Fishkin's Whiteboard Friday topic today was "How Unique Does Content Need to Be to Perform Well in Search Engines?"
We constantly underscore the importance of providing quality, useful content to your audience. And making sure that both the intended audience and the search engines can find it. Rand tackles the question many people have when trying to provide new unique content -- What is duplicate content? Of course, we know just because it's interesting to search engines doesn't mean it's interesting to people (and vice-versa).
How Unique Does Content Need to Be to Perform Well in Search Engines
Very timely. Chad and I were just discussing how some competitors (to rename nameless) still use duplicate content heavily. It's frustrating because we know (as Rand points out) that these duplicate articles carry no weight, but it seems the consumers are not really understanding this.
Agreed. That is very frustrating. Some folks still sell SEO as if it were a nuclear arms race where more is better. 300 duplicate submissions must surely be better than a single (UNIQUE!) piece of content...right? ;-)
I think content is going to have to be more and more unique as search engine tactics become more advanced
Illustrates the importance of having to use all possible keyword combinations, key combinations of words, different orders of keywords, varied search term order, combinations of keywords, etc in the content.
or Contact Us Today
Interested in Our
White Label SEO?
: (12/05/13 - 09:54 AM) Kyle, Thanks for the response. I am familiar wit ...
: (12/05/13 - 09:53 AM) Very interesting article on Storytelling Ads! The ...
Kyle: (12/05/13 - 09:54 AM) Hey Member 10208, This is great feedback, and we ...
: (12/05/13 - 09:36 AM) The semicolon website looked awesome!! The picture ...
Mick: (12/04/13 - 11:31 PM) Kyle, can you also fix it so i am receiving all fo ...
Mick: (12/04/13 - 11:20 PM) This is also being discussed here - ://hubshou ...
Mick: (12/04/13 - 11:18 PM) I am having similar issues as reported to my Acc M ...
Charlie: (12/05/13 - 09:36 AM) Jesse: IMG SRC= ://4.bp.blogspot.com/-r0jBNs7 ...
Jesse: (12/05/13 - 09:36 AM) An Antecedent is a word or phrase that gives its m ...
- WEBINAR -- Boost Traffic and Credibility with BuzzGraphics
- WEBINAR -- Tell Us What You Want
- WEBINAR -- How Google Hummingbird Affects You
- WEBINAR -- Delivering Premium Content
- WEBINAR -- Efficient Revenue: Pay Per Click Retargeting
- WEBINAR -- Selling the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 3 [LAST CHANCE]
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 2
- WEBINAR -- Learn All About the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- Maximize Dashboard Tools
- Google Needs to Have Santa Now Too? [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Social Media and the Rise of Giving Tuesday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Productivity Loss on Cyber Monday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Can Yahoo Take on Traditional News Media? [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Protecting Yourself on Cyber Monday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Using Small Business Saturday to Bring in Local Business [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Content Discovery & Twitter's New Custom Timelines [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Google Data Requests from Government Increasing [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Why Facebook Wants Snapchat [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]