How Unique Should Content Really Be?
Rand Fishkin's Whiteboard Friday topic today was "How Unique Does Content Need to Be to Perform Well in Search Engines?"
We constantly underscore the importance of providing quality, useful content to your audience. And making sure that both the intended audience and the search engines can find it. Rand tackles the question many people have when trying to provide new unique content -- What is duplicate content? Of course, we know just because it's interesting to search engines doesn't mean it's interesting to people (and vice-versa).
How Unique Does Content Need to Be to Perform Well in Search Engines
Very timely. Chad and I were just discussing how some competitors (to rename nameless) still use duplicate content heavily. It's frustrating because we know (as Rand points out) that these duplicate articles carry no weight, but it seems the consumers are not really understanding this.
Agreed. That is very frustrating. Some folks still sell SEO as if it were a nuclear arms race where more is better. 300 duplicate submissions must surely be better than a single (UNIQUE!) piece of content...right? ;-)
I think content is going to have to be more and more unique as search engine tactics become more advanced
Illustrates the importance of having to use all possible keyword combinations, key combinations of words, different orders of keywords, varied search term order, combinations of keywords, etc in the content.
or Contact Us Today
Interested in Our
Terrance: (05/24/13 - 01:57 PM) Wow this could be use to sabotage people. They are ...
Renee: (05/24/13 - 01:57 PM) I like the 1984 reference. ...
Renee: (05/24/13 - 01:57 PM) [quote]bEllen said:/b Is this new? a rel= no ...
Ellen: (05/24/13 - 01:57 PM) Is this new? a rel= nofollow = s://docs ...
Jason G.: (05/24/13 - 01:57 PM) Salvation Army is down, can United Way and VVA be ...
Brian Long: (05/24/13 - 01:57 PM) I cannot stop laughing while reading this thread. ...
Adam: (05/24/13 - 01:57 PM) The new profile of a spammy link builder according ...
Eric R: (05/24/13 - 01:57 PM) img src= ://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg50 ...
Ellen: (05/24/13 - 01:57 PM) [quote]bBill said:/b Maybe someone did donate ...
- WEBINAR -- Maximize Dashboard Tools
- WEBINAR -- Ask a Reseller with Chris
- WEBINAR -- Get Your Clients' Websites Right the First Time
- WEBINAR-- Website Reseller Program (What Is It, How Does It Work, How To Sell It)
- WEBINAR -- The Big Bad Customer Retention Question
- WEBINAR -- Ask a Reseller Series with Chuck
- WEBINAR -- Customizing Our Reseller Marketing Collateral in Under 60 Seconds
- WEBINAR -- How To Maximize Your Onsite SEO
- WEBINAR -- SEO: Back to Basics
- WEBINAR -- New Monthly Newsletter Service
- PPC Strategy 101: Small Business Tactics [VIDEO]
- 3 Things To Look For When Choosing a Pay Per Click Management Company [VIDEO]
- How to do the best Content Marketing [VIDEO]
- Be ready for Google Penguin Updates 2013 [VIDEO]
- How to Promote My Website [VIDEO]
- Link Building Agency [VIDEO]
- Content Marketing Tips for 2013
- Best SEO Strategy [VIDEO]
- 5 Best Website Optimization Tips [VIDEO]