Google Could Pay Apple $1 Billion To Be Remain Default Search Engine on iOS
Interesting to see this, but Google knows ROI when it sees one.
My question is do they even need to do this? I feel most people would change their default Search Engine to Google, but what do you think?
Its probably more of a territory claim than actual ROI. The last thing that Google wants (besides Congressional oversight) is to see Bing as the default search for iPhones and iPads.
I don't think the majority of users are savvy enough to change their default search so I'd guess that it is about the ROI.
I agree with Paul. Changing your default mobile search engine takes some work. Plus those users are also likely to be the ones who clicks on ppc ads.
Smart move because between apple and android OS's Google would have a majority share , probably about 70%, of all smart phones and tablets. This would leave the Window's phones and tablets as the only devices without Google. This is a power move for sure. They should make that $1 billion back fast!
I think Apple will have no problem shaking hands on this one. Especially with them still licking their wounds from Apple Maps.
I agree Brian, Google works, and Apple would be smart to do this simply to make sure the mobile experience is the best it can be. Apple may be trying to put the CUSTOMER FIRST.......
Well in another thread we learned that Google makes about $1,000 per second, $3.6 million an hour. At that rate, they will recoup this $1 billion in 277 hours which is just under 12 days. notbad.jpg
or Contact Us Today
Interested in Our
White Label SEO?
: (12/19/13 - 02:15 PM) And what rough beast, its hour come round at last, ...
: (12/19/13 - 01:47 PM) [quote]bChris T said:/b [quote]b said:/b I ...
Chris T: (12/19/13 - 01:26 PM) [quote]b said:/b Its a good way to discover ar ...
Chris T: (12/19/13 - 01:47 PM) [quote]b said:/b I took a hiatus from Tumblr ( ...
Raven: (12/19/13 - 02:15 PM) This is how the thread ends. This is how the threa ...
Adam M: (12/19/13 - 02:15 PM) So funny thing is, we cannot actually see past pag ...
Ellen: (12/19/13 - 02:15 PM) Is this the end? ...
Chad: (12/19/13 - 12:57 PM) Absolutely... it used to be that only a few local ...
: (12/19/13 - 01:47 PM) I took a hiatus from Tumblr (I started watching Br ...
- WEBINAR -- The Latest Trends in Internet Marketing
- WEBINAR -- BuzzGraphics, Link Outreach, and Marketing Report
- WEBINAR -- Tell Us What You Want
- WEBINAR -- How Google Hummingbird Affects You
- WEBINAR -- Delivering Premium Content
- WEBINAR -- Efficient Revenue: Pay Per Click Retargeting
- WEBINAR -- Selling the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 3 [LAST CHANCE]
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 2
- WEBINAR -- Learn All About the New SEO Plans
- Should You Repost Your Content on Social Media? [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- HubShout's No Shave MOvember Raises $1062 for Us TOO
- Google PageRank Still Alive...For Now
- Google Needs to Have Santa Now Too? [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Social Media and the Rise of Giving Tuesday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Productivity Loss on Cyber Monday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Can Yahoo Take on Traditional News Media? [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Protecting Yourself on Cyber Monday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Using Small Business Saturday to Bring in Local Business [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]