Google Could Pay Apple $1 Billion To Be Remain Default Search Engine on iOS
Interesting to see this, but Google knows ROI when it sees one.
My question is do they even need to do this? I feel most people would change their default Search Engine to Google, but what do you think?
Its probably more of a territory claim than actual ROI. The last thing that Google wants (besides Congressional oversight) is to see Bing as the default search for iPhones and iPads.
I don't think the majority of users are savvy enough to change their default search so I'd guess that it is about the ROI.
I agree with Paul. Changing your default mobile search engine takes some work. Plus those users are also likely to be the ones who clicks on ppc ads.
Smart move because between apple and android OS's Google would have a majority share , probably about 70%, of all smart phones and tablets. This would leave the Window's phones and tablets as the only devices without Google. This is a power move for sure. They should make that $1 billion back fast!
I think Apple will have no problem shaking hands on this one. Especially with them still licking their wounds from Apple Maps.
I agree Brian, Google works, and Apple would be smart to do this simply to make sure the mobile experience is the best it can be. Apple may be trying to put the CUSTOMER FIRST.......
Well in another thread we learned that Google makes about $1,000 per second, $3.6 million an hour. At that rate, they will recoup this $1 billion in 277 hours which is just under 12 days. notbad.jpg
or Contact Us Today
Interested in Our
Jason G.: (05/24/13 - 12:15 PM) Salvation Army is down, can United Way and VVA be ...
Brian Long: (05/24/13 - 12:15 PM) I cannot stop laughing while reading this thread. ...
Adam: (05/24/13 - 12:15 PM) The new profile of a spammy link builder according ...
Eric R: (05/24/13 - 12:15 PM) img src= ://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg50 ...
Ellen: (05/24/13 - 12:15 PM) [quote]bBill said:/b Maybe someone did donate ...
Bill: (05/24/13 - 12:15 PM) Maybe someone did donate their used, outdated SEO ...
Terrance: (05/24/13 - 12:15 PM) Wow this is great news and the buzz continues. I h ...
Andy: (05/24/13 - 12:15 PM) Someone needs to donate SEO to the Salvation Army ...
Eric R: (05/24/13 - 12:15 PM) Salvation Army isn't spending enough in AdWords :- ...
- WEBINAR -- Maximize Dashboard Tools
- WEBINAR -- Ask a Reseller with Chris
- WEBINAR -- Get Your Clients' Websites Right the First Time
- WEBINAR-- Website Reseller Program (What Is It, How Does It Work, How To Sell It)
- WEBINAR -- The Big Bad Customer Retention Question
- WEBINAR -- Ask a Reseller Series with Chuck
- WEBINAR -- Customizing Our Reseller Marketing Collateral in Under 60 Seconds
- WEBINAR -- How To Maximize Your Onsite SEO
- WEBINAR -- SEO: Back to Basics
- WEBINAR -- New Monthly Newsletter Service
- PPC Strategy 101: Small Business Tactics [VIDEO]
- 3 Things To Look For When Choosing a Pay Per Click Management Company [VIDEO]
- How to do the best Content Marketing [VIDEO]
- Be ready for Google Penguin Updates 2013 [VIDEO]
- How to Promote My Website [VIDEO]
- Link Building Agency [VIDEO]
- Content Marketing Tips for 2013
- Best SEO Strategy [VIDEO]
- 5 Best Website Optimization Tips [VIDEO]