Google Auto Complete Management
Hey Guys - I was just talking with one of my resellers and he had a very interesting question. He was curious if we had the ability to have an impact on Google's auto-complete feature.
For those not familiar, Google auto-complete is the feature that shows relevant searches (in the drop down box) as you type your query into the search bar.
He was questioning it on the basis of reputation management. One of his clients was showing poorly in the auto-complete feature as searchers Googled their company name.
Is this even possible?
Josh. Auto complete uses all the personal search features (location, your previous search history, popular search queries) to populate the list. If you type "fa" and I type "fa" we will see different things. So... the answer is no. He might be able to make a small dent in what people search for around a client but not something that would last or work for long.
That makes sense. I touched on the local impact lightly. Thanks.
Might help to get really active on Google+. Like Chad said, it really has to do with personalized search. If someone is signed in they will see different things than if signed out. Start building those Google+ circles and posting content like crazy. If they got a lot of positive content out there, maybe that would flush out the negative content in Google's auto-complete algo.
or Contact Us Today
Interested in Our
: (05/24/13 - 04:59 PM) I am so perplexed about the twitter thing. I'm sur ...
Eric R: (05/24/13 - 04:28 PM) It's different, but I like it. Cleaner looking... ...
Chad: (05/24/13 - 04:28 PM) I can't wait to see how it looks. I requested an i ...
Dave: (05/24/13 - 04:28 PM) God Speed. Keep us up to date on any revelations i ...
Dave: (05/24/13 - 04:59 PM) I wonder how automated it is [quote]bTerrance s ...
Terrance: (05/24/13 - 04:59 PM) Wow this could be use to sabotage people. They are ...
Renee: (05/24/13 - 04:59 PM) I like the 1984 reference. ...
Renee: (05/24/13 - 04:59 PM) [quote]bEllen said:/b Is this new? a rel= no ...
Ellen: (05/24/13 - 04:59 PM) Is this new? a rel= nofollow = s://docs ...
- WEBINAR -- Maximize Dashboard Tools
- WEBINAR -- Ask a Reseller with Chris
- WEBINAR -- Get Your Clients' Websites Right the First Time
- WEBINAR-- Website Reseller Program (What Is It, How Does It Work, How To Sell It)
- WEBINAR -- The Big Bad Customer Retention Question
- WEBINAR -- Ask a Reseller Series with Chuck
- WEBINAR -- Customizing Our Reseller Marketing Collateral in Under 60 Seconds
- WEBINAR -- How To Maximize Your Onsite SEO
- WEBINAR -- SEO: Back to Basics
- WEBINAR -- New Monthly Newsletter Service
- PPC Strategy 101: Small Business Tactics [VIDEO]
- 3 Things To Look For When Choosing a Pay Per Click Management Company [VIDEO]
- How to do the best Content Marketing [VIDEO]
- Be ready for Google Penguin Updates 2013 [VIDEO]
- How to Promote My Website [VIDEO]
- Link Building Agency [VIDEO]
- Content Marketing Tips for 2013
- Best SEO Strategy [VIDEO]
- 5 Best Website Optimization Tips [VIDEO]