Google Auto Complete Management
Hey Guys - I was just talking with one of my resellers and he had a very interesting question. He was curious if we had the ability to have an impact on Google's auto-complete feature.
For those not familiar, Google auto-complete is the feature that shows relevant searches (in the drop down box) as you type your query into the search bar.
He was questioning it on the basis of reputation management. One of his clients was showing poorly in the auto-complete feature as searchers Googled their company name.
Is this even possible?
Josh. Auto complete uses all the personal search features (location, your previous search history, popular search queries) to populate the list. If you type "fa" and I type "fa" we will see different things. So... the answer is no. He might be able to make a small dent in what people search for around a client but not something that would last or work for long.
That makes sense. I touched on the local impact lightly. Thanks.
Might help to get really active on Google+. Like Chad said, it really has to do with personalized search. If someone is signed in they will see different things than if signed out. Start building those Google+ circles and posting content like crazy. If they got a lot of positive content out there, maybe that would flush out the negative content in Google's auto-complete algo.
or Contact Us Today
Interested in Our
White Label SEO?
Aqeel: (12/05/13 - 04:04 PM) This is the greatest tweet ever blockquote class= ...
: (12/05/13 - 03:58 PM) Super comma pic is epic! haha ...
: (12/05/13 - 03:58 PM) I know I'm late on this, but The Oatmeal is just a ...
: (12/05/13 - 04:04 PM) This whole thing reminds me of this epic Tweet fro ...
: (12/05/13 - 03:58 PM) Haters gonna hate. ...
: (12/05/13 - 03:58 PM) Haha I'm sorry, but I just can't get behind a log ...
Charlie: (12/05/13 - 03:58 PM) IMG SRC= ://www.anthonygentles.com/Images/Des ...
Jesse: (12/05/13 - 03:58 PM) Comments on the forum can be weird. It's all wibbl ...
: (12/05/13 - 03:58 PM) I'm not sure why my comment would appear all wonky ...
- WEBINAR -- Boost Traffic and Credibility with BuzzGraphics
- WEBINAR -- Tell Us What You Want
- WEBINAR -- How Google Hummingbird Affects You
- WEBINAR -- Delivering Premium Content
- WEBINAR -- Efficient Revenue: Pay Per Click Retargeting
- WEBINAR -- Selling the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 3 [LAST CHANCE]
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 2
- WEBINAR -- Learn All About the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- Maximize Dashboard Tools
- Google Needs to Have Santa Now Too? [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Social Media and the Rise of Giving Tuesday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Productivity Loss on Cyber Monday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Can Yahoo Take on Traditional News Media? [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Protecting Yourself on Cyber Monday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Using Small Business Saturday to Bring in Local Business [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Content Discovery & Twitter's New Custom Timelines [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Google Data Requests from Government Increasing [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Why Facebook Wants Snapchat [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]