Funny social media ad
Good find, Ellen. It kind of downplays the importance of SM, though.
For B2B it does. But we know that every business should be using social media for SEO purposes, right? How much SM impacts rankings is up for debate of course. I do think the ad reinforces the message that SM campaigns must have a well thought out strategy, goals and a way to measure goals. And that having a "CEO for a day" contest is a bad idea.
Ha. It does speak some truth though, Peter. People think thousands of likes and followers will make you succeed. As we know, it's so much more than that. You need the RIGHT followers and fans and a social media strategy that fits with a well-rounded online marketing strategy and your budget. You need to connect with YOUR target audience. Not just tweet for tweet's sake or post because you want to show that you are active on SM. Oh, for tweet's sake. (Ha. Get it?)
It's a funny commercial, indeed.
It also (very briefly) touches on (pokes fun at?) the idea that the younger generation knows the most about social media and SM presence.
That's always a fun debate to enter into, as well.
Having a literal SEO for a day might not be the best idea; however, there may be a point here as far as listening to what social has to say. Have some hierarchy still, but see what the customer wants and deliver. If it resonates with the customers, social can be self-sustaining with viral spread reaching farther and different audiences than intended, targeted marketing.
That reminded me of this one -- have you guys seen it? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbtf1oyNg-8
sorry,I guess I don't know how to make schmancy links here.
*hangs head in tech-related shame*
That was most excellent. I particularly like the "Advanced Search."
I feel like the accents made it more endearing than obnoxious. If someone did this to me in a store, I'd probably crack up at first, though. Fun ad.
or Contact Us Today
Interested in Our
Alan: (05/24/13 - 01:20 AM) Sorry Terrance and Adam, the only thing in that sp ...
Terrance: (05/23/13 - 06:22 PM) Yea I live close enough to walk as well so I think ...
Ellen: (05/23/13 - 05:48 PM) a rel= nofollow = ://searchenginewatch. ...
Bill: (05/23/13 - 05:41 PM) It's only lawless for Google. Everyone else will s ...
Nick: (05/23/13 - 05:41 PM) Yeah but Venezuela and Greece aren't doing too hot ...
Bill: (05/23/13 - 05:41 PM) A problem? Google's GDP is over $300 billion, it w ...
Claire: (05/23/13 - 05:41 PM) There's a new movie coming out with this exact sam ...
Adam: (05/24/13 - 01:20 AM) Oh yeah! Forgot about that one. I think it's quick ...
Jason G.: (05/23/13 - 05:41 PM) Googleland sounds great, but the infrastructure co ...
- WEBINAR -- Maximize Dashboard Tools
- WEBINAR -- Ask a Reseller with Chris
- WEBINAR -- Get Your Clients' Websites Right the First Time
- WEBINAR-- Website Reseller Program (What Is It, How Does It Work, How To Sell It)
- WEBINAR -- The Big Bad Customer Retention Question
- WEBINAR -- Ask a Reseller Series with Chuck
- WEBINAR -- Customizing Our Reseller Marketing Collateral in Under 60 Seconds
- WEBINAR -- How To Maximize Your Onsite SEO
- WEBINAR -- SEO: Back to Basics
- WEBINAR -- New Monthly Newsletter Service
- PPC Strategy 101: Small Business Tactics [VIDEO]
- 3 Things To Look For When Choosing a Pay Per Click Management Company [VIDEO]
- How to do the best Content Marketing [VIDEO]
- Be ready for Google Penguin Updates 2013 [VIDEO]
- How to Promote My Website [VIDEO]
- Link Building Agency [VIDEO]
- Content Marketing Tips for 2013
- Best SEO Strategy [VIDEO]
- 5 Best Website Optimization Tips [VIDEO]