Funny social media ad
Good find, Ellen. It kind of downplays the importance of SM, though.
For B2B it does. But we know that every business should be using social media for SEO purposes, right? How much SM impacts rankings is up for debate of course. I do think the ad reinforces the message that SM campaigns must have a well thought out strategy, goals and a way to measure goals. And that having a "CEO for a day" contest is a bad idea.
Ha. It does speak some truth though, Peter. People think thousands of likes and followers will make you succeed. As we know, it's so much more than that. You need the RIGHT followers and fans and a social media strategy that fits with a well-rounded online marketing strategy and your budget. You need to connect with YOUR target audience. Not just tweet for tweet's sake or post because you want to show that you are active on SM. Oh, for tweet's sake. (Ha. Get it?)
It's a funny commercial, indeed.
It also (very briefly) touches on (pokes fun at?) the idea that the younger generation knows the most about social media and SM presence.
That's always a fun debate to enter into, as well.
Having a literal SEO for a day might not be the best idea; however, there may be a point here as far as listening to what social has to say. Have some hierarchy still, but see what the customer wants and deliver. If it resonates with the customers, social can be self-sustaining with viral spread reaching farther and different audiences than intended, targeted marketing.
That reminded me of this one -- have you guys seen it? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbtf1oyNg-8
sorry,I guess I don't know how to make schmancy links here.
*hangs head in tech-related shame*
That was most excellent. I particularly like the "Advanced Search."
I feel like the accents made it more endearing than obnoxious. If someone did this to me in a store, I'd probably crack up at first, though. Fun ad.
or Contact Us Today
Interested in Our
White Label SEO?
: (12/06/13 - 01:56 PM) Thanks Adam. I really do appreciate your help, on ...
Adam: (12/06/13 - 01:56 PM) Hi guys. We have ticket 4349157 open on this. Anal ...
Tim Fahndrich: (12/06/13 - 01:31 PM) Adam, Re: #3... it does appear that it is on the p ...
Kyle: (12/06/13 - 01:19 PM) Were we ever able to obtain these? ...
Jason G.: (12/06/13 - 01:31 PM) Matt, I also wanted to jump in quickly to let you ...
Eric R: (12/06/13 - 01:31 PM) 5. Ok, I will try to do a better job of keeping t ...
: (12/06/13 - 01:56 PM) Adam, Please answer my question; will this ever b ...
Chris Vale: (12/06/13 - 12:50 PM) Hi Hubshout! I'm looking to sell a featured artic ...
Chris T: (12/06/13 - 12:47 PM) [quote]bChad F said:/b Would have not turned d ...
- WEBINAR -- Boost Traffic and Credibility with BuzzGraphics
- WEBINAR -- Tell Us What You Want
- WEBINAR -- How Google Hummingbird Affects You
- WEBINAR -- Delivering Premium Content
- WEBINAR -- Efficient Revenue: Pay Per Click Retargeting
- WEBINAR -- Selling the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 3 [LAST CHANCE]
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 2
- WEBINAR -- Learn All About the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- Maximize Dashboard Tools
- Google Needs to Have Santa Now Too? [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Social Media and the Rise of Giving Tuesday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Productivity Loss on Cyber Monday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Can Yahoo Take on Traditional News Media? [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Protecting Yourself on Cyber Monday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Using Small Business Saturday to Bring in Local Business [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Content Discovery & Twitter's New Custom Timelines [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Google Data Requests from Government Increasing [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Why Facebook Wants Snapchat [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]