In this webinar, Angelina Marie Hilton shared her tips on how to establish your personal brand, build momentum, measure your progress, and continually improve your positioning so you get noticed in your industry.In the webinar, Angelina and Adam referenced a TED Talk called “How Great Leaders Inspire Action,” by Leadership Expert Simon Sinek. Click here to watch the video. The LinkedIn tips that Angelina covered in the webinar are summarized below:
Five ways to instantly improve your LinkedIn profile
- Add a cover photo. Don’t just upload an image you like—make sure that image communicates something about you and/or your business.
- Add a profile picture: a high resolution, clear, headshot. Profiles with images get nearly 70% more inquiries than those without. Do not include a picture of yourself and your significant other, your dog, or one where you’ve cropped out your friend. Keep it professional.
- This is your 120 character hook to people finding you in a LinkedIn search, and should be about what you do as opposed to what you are. Click here to see some awesome examples of LinkedIn headlines.
- This is personal. This is about you. Your audience is the person visiting your profile so make sure you tell a great story, from YOUR perspective. That means writing in the first person. This is a great opportunity to capture the attention of your audience and entice them to keep scrolling down your profile to find out more about you.
- This will invite people to stay on your page longer and also make your profile stand out from the Plain Jane profiles. This is also your chance to showcase your portfolio, what is that you can really do!?
- Your profile is your resume. Let your visitors know what skills you have. What skills have you acquired over time that people may find valuable enough to reach out to you for help? This also sets you up to receive endorsements of those skills, which provides credibility.
Ten tips to help grow your LinkedIn network,
establish your credibility, and generate leads
- Tell your professional story to attract opportunities
- Build and nurture your networks to unlock future opportunities
- Stay informed on news relevant to your professional world, and gain the skills to stay ahead in your career
How to customize your LinkedIn experience:
- Upload a professional photo: You are 11 times more likely to have your LinkedIn profile viewed if you have a picture.
- Write a compelling headline: Add your job title, current company and a tagline about how you help customers.
- Add a summary: Your summary in essence is the story of you. Share the vision you have for your role or company.
- Add rich media like videos and presentations: You’ll maximize your exposure on LinkedIn and better showcase your story.
- LinkedIn isn’t intended to replace face-to-face interactions, instead, it optimizes your ability to know more about people you’ve met or are about to meet. Also, inviting people to connect is a great way to follow up on an in-person meeting.
- People are five times more likely to engage with you if the outreach is through a mutual connection. See who within your network is connected to your 2nd or 3rd degree connections and request an introduction.
- Sales is about people, but nurturing relationships takes time. LinkedIn allows you to find your customers by searching by name, company, or position so you can easily connect and establish better relationships.
- If you are connected with your customers, their public activity will appear in your newsfeed. Keep tabs on your contacts’ interests and updates so you can remain top of mind and provide them necessary information.
- Joining and following Group discussions in your industry is an excellent way to gain customer insights about needs, interests and more.
- LinkedIn curates content in real-time based on your interests and the companies and influencers you follow. Share and comment on these articles to demonstrate your insights.
- Effective sales prospecting requires communicating in a way that gets noticed. Identify something personal about the person that you can reference in the message. Then send a follow up InMail 1-2 weeks after the original - it increases the response rate by 500%.
- Today there are over 1.5 million unique publishers actively sharing content on LinkedIn. You can become a voice in your industry by sharing relevant blog posts, insights and industry news.
Why you NEED an outstanding LinkedIn Profile
- Connect to your professional world
- Stay informed through professional news and knowledge
- Get hired and build your career.