Facebook ad question
Apparently, Facebook advertising can be very effective, as evidenced by the Samsung campaign. I have one question though...my FB page showed that I "liked" Samsung. I did not. How did that happen? I know that their ads kept appearing on my page, showing that some of my friends "liked" Samsung.
Ellen, I've been wondering about those. Does it appear on your wall or just in the newsfeed that others see?
I've had a lot of friends complaining about this on FB lately -- that they "like" things they never actually clicked "Like" for. When wiggy stuff like this starts to happen, it's usually a good sign that there are changes coming down the pipeline.
The newsfeed. Each time, I clicked on the thingy to hide the post. Later I noticed that Samsung was listed as one of my "likes."
That's a very odd problem. Facebook seems to have a mind of its own sometimes.
Happened across this yesterday. Doesn't really clear a lot of things up (no shocker there) but it's good to know that we're not alone. http://readwrite.com/2012/12/11/why-are-dead-people-liking-stuff-on-facebook
Great share! As with everyone else, I find that this is happening to me more and more. Incredibly weird and shady, especially if companies are paying to get those forced "Likes."
That Samsung campaign is particularly noticeable. It's everywhere!
Thanks for the link, Nick. The article also highlighted the promoted post (I'm not a promoted post fan as a marketer or user; I think advertisements belong on the side, not the newsfeed) and the common complaint from organizations that more and more of their posts are being filtered.
I'm with you Renee. The promoted post is terrible -- as both a consumer and a Facebook page owner.
This is what happens when money is the driving force behind feature changes.
or Contact Us Today
Interested in Our
Bill: (05/24/13 - 10:39 AM) Maybe someone did donate their used, outdated SEO ...
Terrance: (05/24/13 - 10:39 AM) Wow this is great news and the buzz continues. I h ...
Andy: (05/24/13 - 10:39 AM) Someone needs to donate SEO to the Salvation Army ...
Eric R: (05/24/13 - 10:39 AM) Salvation Army isn't spending enough in AdWords :- ...
Bill: (05/24/13 - 10:39 AM) Panda and Penguin will team up to put conservation ...
Jesse: (05/24/13 - 10:39 AM) Next on Google's list: Toys for Tots, The Red Cros ...
Terrance: (05/24/13 - 10:15 AM) Hmm I logged into my Resellers dashboard and that ...
Aleks: (05/24/13 - 10:39 AM) I agree with Carissa! That's messed up ...
Matt: (05/24/13 - 10:39 AM) [quote]bCarissa said:/b That's pretty rude of ...
- WEBINAR -- Maximize Dashboard Tools
- WEBINAR -- Ask a Reseller with Chris
- WEBINAR -- Get Your Clients' Websites Right the First Time
- WEBINAR-- Website Reseller Program (What Is It, How Does It Work, How To Sell It)
- WEBINAR -- The Big Bad Customer Retention Question
- WEBINAR -- Ask a Reseller Series with Chuck
- WEBINAR -- Customizing Our Reseller Marketing Collateral in Under 60 Seconds
- WEBINAR -- How To Maximize Your Onsite SEO
- WEBINAR -- SEO: Back to Basics
- WEBINAR -- New Monthly Newsletter Service
- PPC Strategy 101: Small Business Tactics [VIDEO]
- 3 Things To Look For When Choosing a Pay Per Click Management Company [VIDEO]
- How to do the best Content Marketing [VIDEO]
- Be ready for Google Penguin Updates 2013 [VIDEO]
- How to Promote My Website [VIDEO]
- Link Building Agency [VIDEO]
- Content Marketing Tips for 2013
- Best SEO Strategy [VIDEO]
- 5 Best Website Optimization Tips [VIDEO]