Facebook ad question
Apparently, Facebook advertising can be very effective, as evidenced by the Samsung campaign. I have one question though...my FB page showed that I "liked" Samsung. I did not. How did that happen? I know that their ads kept appearing on my page, showing that some of my friends "liked" Samsung.
Ellen, I've been wondering about those. Does it appear on your wall or just in the newsfeed that others see?
I've had a lot of friends complaining about this on FB lately -- that they "like" things they never actually clicked "Like" for. When wiggy stuff like this starts to happen, it's usually a good sign that there are changes coming down the pipeline.
The newsfeed. Each time, I clicked on the thingy to hide the post. Later I noticed that Samsung was listed as one of my "likes."
That's a very odd problem. Facebook seems to have a mind of its own sometimes.
Happened across this yesterday. Doesn't really clear a lot of things up (no shocker there) but it's good to know that we're not alone. http://readwrite.com/2012/12/11/why-are-dead-people-liking-stuff-on-facebook
Great share! As with everyone else, I find that this is happening to me more and more. Incredibly weird and shady, especially if companies are paying to get those forced "Likes."
That Samsung campaign is particularly noticeable. It's everywhere!
Thanks for the link, Nick. The article also highlighted the promoted post (I'm not a promoted post fan as a marketer or user; I think advertisements belong on the side, not the newsfeed) and the common complaint from organizations that more and more of their posts are being filtered.
I'm with you Renee. The promoted post is terrible -- as both a consumer and a Facebook page owner.
This is what happens when money is the driving force behind feature changes.
or Contact Us Today
Interested in Our
White Label SEO?
Joe: (12/12/13 - 09:35 PM) Vic, in addition to the above, there are other var ...
Chad: (12/12/13 - 09:35 PM) I raised support task 4387232. ...
Chad: (12/12/13 - 09:35 PM) Finding ways to link back to deeper pages on your ...
: (12/12/13 - 09:35 PM) After 5 months I am hearing for the first time tha ...
Aqeel: (12/12/13 - 06:00 PM) [quote]bChris T said:/b [quote]bAqeel said: ...
Dave: (12/12/13 - 05:47 PM) Interesting article on the nature of web-traffic i ...
Chris T: (12/12/13 - 06:00 PM) [quote]bAqeel said:/b [quote]bChris T said: ...
Aqeel: (12/12/13 - 06:00 PM) [quote]bChris T said:/b [quote]b said:/b H ...
Chris T: (12/12/13 - 06:00 PM) [quote]b said:/b Hopefully we don't end up in ...
- WEBINAR -- BuzzGraphics, Link Outreach, and Marketing Report
- WEBINAR -- Tell Us What You Want
- WEBINAR -- How Google Hummingbird Affects You
- WEBINAR -- Delivering Premium Content
- WEBINAR -- Efficient Revenue: Pay Per Click Retargeting
- WEBINAR -- Selling the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 3 [LAST CHANCE]
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 2
- WEBINAR -- Learn All About the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- Maximize Dashboard Tools
- HubShout's No Shave MOvember Raises $1062 for Us TOO
- Google PageRank Still Alive...For Now
- Google Needs to Have Santa Now Too? [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Social Media and the Rise of Giving Tuesday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Productivity Loss on Cyber Monday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Can Yahoo Take on Traditional News Media? [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Protecting Yourself on Cyber Monday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Using Small Business Saturday to Bring in Local Business [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Content Discovery & Twitter's New Custom Timelines [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]