Facebook To Tell Users Being Tracked
What's the impact of this do you think? My opinion is not much; targeted ads have been around for internet forever already, and if you didn't know you were being tracked you could probably infer it by now (anyone else notice how half of the ads you see online are for Agency now and the other half are from sites you clicked on last week?)
What about the opt out? Will people actually use it? Will it reduce the reach of ad content? Perhaps will it even be helpful, by preventing ad spending on people who wouldn't convert?
Just based on my FB friends, I think people will opt out. I know that many of my friends get spooked/annoyed when they see targeted ads.
Anyone watch Parks & Rec? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP7ebyqBn_M
Why wouldn't anyone opt out! Yeesh. Facebook is going to eventually reach a tipping point where a noticeable amount of people actually jump ship I believe.
I'm hoping more people move past the outdated 20th century concept of privacy. Nothing is secret anymore, we might as well not try.
I think if people understand how ads are served to there specifc search querys they would understand that there is not much to worry about. As BIll said nothing is secret online anymore. People speak of not having privacy but they post & share everything they do all day online. Everything from pictures/Check-In's & so on.
I don't think this will come as a surprise to many. Anyone who pays attention to the types of ads that pop up will notice they aren't random. It will be interesting to see how many people opt out (although I do think more and more consumer and advocacy groups will be pushing for more opt outs as users become more aware). I personally don't care if they show me an ad for a site that I recently visited. It's no different than what search engines do.
or Contact Us Today
Interested in Our
White Label SEO?
: (12/07/13 - 04:49 PM) We might need to leave this platform, believe it o ...
Brian Long: (12/06/13 - 10:05 PM) [quote]b said:/bI check Facebook way too many ...
: (12/06/13 - 01:56 PM) Thanks Adam. I really do appreciate your help, on ...
Adam: (12/06/13 - 01:56 PM) Hi guys. We have ticket 4349157 open on this. Anal ...
Tim Fahndrich: (12/06/13 - 01:31 PM) Adam, Re: #3... it does appear that it is on the p ...
Kyle: (12/06/13 - 01:19 PM) Were we ever able to obtain these? ...
Jason G.: (12/06/13 - 01:31 PM) Matt, I also wanted to jump in quickly to let you ...
Eric R: (12/06/13 - 01:31 PM) 5. Ok, I will try to do a better job of keeping t ...
: (12/06/13 - 01:56 PM) Adam, Please answer my question; will this ever b ...
- WEBINAR -- Boost Traffic and Credibility with BuzzGraphics
- WEBINAR -- Tell Us What You Want
- WEBINAR -- How Google Hummingbird Affects You
- WEBINAR -- Delivering Premium Content
- WEBINAR -- Efficient Revenue: Pay Per Click Retargeting
- WEBINAR -- Selling the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 3 [LAST CHANCE]
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 2
- WEBINAR -- Learn All About the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- Maximize Dashboard Tools
- HubShout's No Shave MOvember Raises $1062 for Us TOO
- Google Needs to Have Santa Now Too? [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Social Media and the Rise of Giving Tuesday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Productivity Loss on Cyber Monday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Can Yahoo Take on Traditional News Media? [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Protecting Yourself on Cyber Monday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Using Small Business Saturday to Bring in Local Business [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Content Discovery & Twitter's New Custom Timelines [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Google Data Requests from Government Increasing [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]