Facebook Nearby Gets an Update to Compete in Local Search
The Facebook Nearby feature for mobile (which shows you where your friends checked in) will now show you nearby businesses and other places, becoming a local search tool.
What does that mean for businesses?
Those that don't have Facebook pages won't show up.
Facebook Nearby: A New Reason For Local Businesses To Get On Facebook
All the more reason to hop on board. There really isn't any excuses at this point - if you own a business you need to have a presence on some sort of social media. I honestly think a little less of a business (especially locally) when I'm looking for information, and they're nowhere to be found. Google+ Local listings are a complete necessity as well.
I'm glad I'm not the only one! There's this awesome Asian restaurant on Clinton Ave that is non-existent online that I've been half jokingly saying that I need to make them a site in exchange for food. It's definitely one of my pet peeves.
I had a client who was hesitant to try marketing on Facebook because he didn't think anyone would care about what his contracting business was doing. It turned out that after a week or so of getting the ball rolling, a few of the articles posted on his page were a big topic of conversation at a networking event. I think everyone should be on board and I'm glad we have another feature/benefit we can use to make the sale.
Whoa, sorry about the empty posts there. I was having some issues. Anyway: @Paul, which one? I am always in the market for awesome Asian places to try.
And yeah, it's not that hard to set up at least a FB page, even if a whole website is too intimidating. I get irked when a restaurant only has as its web presence a Yelp review, or maybe its menu posted on one of those menu-listing sites.
or Contact Us Today
Interested in Our
White Label SEO?
Matt: (12/09/13 - 06:07 PM) I never thought of Pinterest as a new source since ...
Chris Vale: (12/09/13 - 04:20 PM) Thank you sir! ...
Renee: (12/09/13 - 06:07 PM) A new study from Gigya shows that Pinterest as a n ...
Kyle: (12/09/13 - 04:20 PM) Hey Chris - We will be having our marketing collat ...
: (12/09/13 - 02:12 PM) That's true!! If he doesn't need the money to affo ...
: (12/09/13 - 06:07 PM) I definitely agree that Twitter is way more of a ...
Ellen: (12/09/13 - 11:43 AM) Anglo Rank makes some pretty a rel= nofollow hr ...
Aqeel: (12/09/13 - 11:43 AM) Matt Cutts getting sassy... ...
Renee: (12/09/13 - 11:43 AM) Friday Matt Cutts announced that Google penalized ...
- WEBINAR -- Boost Traffic and Credibility with BuzzGraphics
- WEBINAR -- Tell Us What You Want
- WEBINAR -- How Google Hummingbird Affects You
- WEBINAR -- Delivering Premium Content
- WEBINAR -- Efficient Revenue: Pay Per Click Retargeting
- WEBINAR -- Selling the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 3 [LAST CHANCE]
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 2
- WEBINAR -- Learn All About the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- Maximize Dashboard Tools
- HubShout's No Shave MOvember Raises $1062 for Us TOO
- Google PageRank Still Alive...For Now
- Google Needs to Have Santa Now Too? [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Social Media and the Rise of Giving Tuesday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Productivity Loss on Cyber Monday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Can Yahoo Take on Traditional News Media? [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Protecting Yourself on Cyber Monday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Using Small Business Saturday to Bring in Local Business [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Content Discovery & Twitter's New Custom Timelines [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]