Facebook Nearby Gets an Update to Compete in Local Search
The Facebook Nearby feature for mobile (which shows you where your friends checked in) will now show you nearby businesses and other places, becoming a local search tool.
What does that mean for businesses?
Those that don't have Facebook pages won't show up.
Facebook Nearby: A New Reason For Local Businesses To Get On Facebook
All the more reason to hop on board. There really isn't any excuses at this point - if you own a business you need to have a presence on some sort of social media. I honestly think a little less of a business (especially locally) when I'm looking for information, and they're nowhere to be found. Google+ Local listings are a complete necessity as well.
I'm glad I'm not the only one! There's this awesome Asian restaurant on Clinton Ave that is non-existent online that I've been half jokingly saying that I need to make them a site in exchange for food. It's definitely one of my pet peeves.
I had a client who was hesitant to try marketing on Facebook because he didn't think anyone would care about what his contracting business was doing. It turned out that after a week or so of getting the ball rolling, a few of the articles posted on his page were a big topic of conversation at a networking event. I think everyone should be on board and I'm glad we have another feature/benefit we can use to make the sale.
Whoa, sorry about the empty posts there. I was having some issues. Anyway: @Paul, which one? I am always in the market for awesome Asian places to try.
And yeah, it's not that hard to set up at least a FB page, even if a whole website is too intimidating. I get irked when a restaurant only has as its web presence a Yelp review, or maybe its menu posted on one of those menu-listing sites.
or Contact Us Today
Interested in Our
AdamUK: (06/20/13 - 06:59 AM) Sorry, my mistake, Hubshout already provides Bing ...
Larry: (06/20/13 - 04:15 AM) update : its back now 09:13 GMT ...
AdamUK: (06/20/13 - 04:15 AM) It's working for me at 09:15 UK time. ...
Larry: (06/20/13 - 04:15 AM) Hi, The dahsboard is offline currently 07:45 GMT ( ...
: (06/20/13 - 06:59 AM) I use Bing ppc for my own business and am finding ...
: (06/19/13 - 06:14 PM) Your videos barely touch on that topic. Would lik ...
Adam: (06/19/13 - 06:14 PM) Anchor text should be appropriate to the CONTENT M ...
Bill: (06/19/13 - 05:49 PM) Even if it's not their only goal -- bringing inter ...
: (06/19/13 - 05:36 PM) Is there going to be new information in this webin ...
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 2
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 3 [LAST CHANCE]
- WEBINAR -- Learn All About the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- Maximize Dashboard Tools
- WEBINAR -- Ask a Reseller with Chris
- WEBINAR -- Get Your Clients' Websites Right the First Time
- WEBINAR-- Website Reseller Program (What Is It, How Does It Work, How To Sell It)
- WEBINAR -- The Big Bad Customer Retention Question
- WEBINAR -- Ask a Reseller Series with Chuck
- WEBINAR -- Customizing Our Reseller Marketing Collateral in Under 60 Seconds
- Selecting the right PPC Reseller Program
- Pay Per Click (PPC) Bid Management [VIDEO]
- PPC Ad Retargeting
- The Growing Importance of SEO for Local Businesses
- Natural Search Engine Optimization is a Myth
- White Label SEO for 2013 [VIDEO]
- Penguin-Proof SEO Reseller Program [VIDEO]
- Press release SEO [VIDEO]
- PPC Strategy 101: Small Business Tactics [VIDEO]