External Links vs Root Links
I ran a web grader report for one of my Reseller's clients, and I noticed there were a higher number of Root Links than External Links. This seems odd to me because on average, there is is 5 external links to every one root link. How does this happen?
First thing to check is to goto SEOMoz (Open Site Explorer dot com) and run the same query. Does it give the same answer?
(Open Site Explorer dot com) does not return the same data. It seems almost like the two numbers are juxtaposed.
That is a real bizarre one. Can we replicate this with another domain name? If not, it may be a bug in the SEOMoz API....
When I demoed this 'feature' to the client I said there were a few issues with it that will be sorted out soon ;P
I used to use seoMoz a-lot a while back and due to keep coming across strange results like these I decided to save my money and ended my contract with them. In hindsight most of the issues i came across were related to UK sites and not US ones.
I am seeing the same issue with several USA URL's where the number of root links exceeds the number of total links. URL #1 Hubshout = 8 root and 4 total links SEOMoz = 5 root and 5 total
URL#2 Hubshout = 10 root and 3 total links SEOMoz = 4 root and 137 total
So I have the same issue and it says 0 root links but SEOMoz gives another number. Is this being corrected?
or Contact Us Today
Interested in Our
White Label SEO?
Adam: (12/06/13 - 08:02 AM) Thanks for the constructive feedback. We LOVE when ...
: (12/06/13 - 08:02 AM) Oh, and one more thing ... is there a reason why t ...
: (12/06/13 - 08:02 AM) Great discussion folks so I thought I'd chime in. ...
John: (12/05/13 - 07:01 PM) Great link Aqeel. Every business owner should read ...
Mick: (12/05/13 - 06:13 PM) Hi Adam, yes that's set correctly but I ran an ext ...
: (12/05/13 - 06:13 PM) Hello. I understand that data is US only now - it ...
Dave: (12/05/13 - 05:30 PM) I just don't think they can run ads tastefully eno ...
Adam: (12/05/13 - 06:13 PM) All of the entries I see with hk look correct. B ...
Mick: (12/05/13 - 06:13 PM) Thanks for the quick response Adam, fyi also check ...
- WEBINAR -- Boost Traffic and Credibility with BuzzGraphics
- WEBINAR -- Tell Us What You Want
- WEBINAR -- How Google Hummingbird Affects You
- WEBINAR -- Delivering Premium Content
- WEBINAR -- Efficient Revenue: Pay Per Click Retargeting
- WEBINAR -- Selling the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 3 [LAST CHANCE]
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 2
- WEBINAR -- Learn All About the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- Maximize Dashboard Tools
- Google Needs to Have Santa Now Too? [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Social Media and the Rise of Giving Tuesday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Productivity Loss on Cyber Monday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Can Yahoo Take on Traditional News Media? [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Protecting Yourself on Cyber Monday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Using Small Business Saturday to Bring in Local Business [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Content Discovery & Twitter's New Custom Timelines [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Google Data Requests from Government Increasing [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Why Facebook Wants Snapchat [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]