Did Google Just Release Paid SEO?
Google rolled out Adwords Dynamic Search Ads. We've been trying to get our heads around it but the more I think about it... it is really easiest to describe it as Paid SEO.
Basically, you give Google a URL and you get to write ad copy for the 2nd and 3rd lines. Then Google uses its index to match your content to queries. They use your site content to create the headline. The idea is that you don't have to build out 1000's of keywords and rather just let Google do what it is good at = matching content to queries.
We've just launched it for a few clients. I'll report back as we see how it does. But call it what you want... Dynamic Search Ads, Paid Inclusion... I'll call it Adwords SEO.
Dynamic Search Ads
I think of it as taking Keyword Insertion to the next level. I'm feeling a little cautious about this, although it might be great. I'm a bit reluctant to hand over so much control to Google.
Google probably knows us better than we know ourselves.
I don't mean to be a debbie downer, but I worry that, at some point, our dynamic search queries could be "not provided."
Interesting thought Lisa but I think we are in the clear for the moment. I believe Google is getting around the "not provided" on Adwords because they are using the GCLID parameter to match back to the keyword.
The statistic that says "every day, 16% of the searches that occur are ones that Google has never seen before" is way higher than I would have guessed. I'm excited to learn more about these ads and see some results.
Oh boy... early results were not good. Lots of junk queries that you would feel ok about if they were organic visits... but not when you are paying.
or Contact Us Today
Interested in Our
White Label SEO?
: (12/07/13 - 04:49 PM) We might need to leave this platform, believe it o ...
Brian Long: (12/06/13 - 10:05 PM) [quote]b said:/bI check Facebook way too many ...
: (12/06/13 - 01:56 PM) Thanks Adam. I really do appreciate your help, on ...
Adam: (12/06/13 - 01:56 PM) Hi guys. We have ticket 4349157 open on this. Anal ...
Tim Fahndrich: (12/06/13 - 01:31 PM) Adam, Re: #3... it does appear that it is on the p ...
Kyle: (12/06/13 - 01:19 PM) Were we ever able to obtain these? ...
Jason G.: (12/06/13 - 01:31 PM) Matt, I also wanted to jump in quickly to let you ...
Eric R: (12/06/13 - 01:31 PM) 5. Ok, I will try to do a better job of keeping t ...
: (12/06/13 - 01:56 PM) Adam, Please answer my question; will this ever b ...
- WEBINAR -- Boost Traffic and Credibility with BuzzGraphics
- WEBINAR -- Tell Us What You Want
- WEBINAR -- How Google Hummingbird Affects You
- WEBINAR -- Delivering Premium Content
- WEBINAR -- Efficient Revenue: Pay Per Click Retargeting
- WEBINAR -- Selling the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 3 [LAST CHANCE]
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 2
- WEBINAR -- Learn All About the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- Maximize Dashboard Tools
- HubShout's No Shave MOvember Raises $1062 for Us TOO
- Google Needs to Have Santa Now Too? [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Social Media and the Rise of Giving Tuesday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Productivity Loss on Cyber Monday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Can Yahoo Take on Traditional News Media? [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Protecting Yourself on Cyber Monday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Using Small Business Saturday to Bring in Local Business [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Content Discovery & Twitter's New Custom Timelines [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Google Data Requests from Government Increasing [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]