Did Google Just Release Paid SEO?
Google rolled out Adwords Dynamic Search Ads. We've been trying to get our heads around it but the more I think about it... it is really easiest to describe it as Paid SEO.
Basically, you give Google a URL and you get to write ad copy for the 2nd and 3rd lines. Then Google uses its index to match your content to queries. They use your site content to create the headline. The idea is that you don't have to build out 1000's of keywords and rather just let Google do what it is good at = matching content to queries.
We've just launched it for a few clients. I'll report back as we see how it does. But call it what you want... Dynamic Search Ads, Paid Inclusion... I'll call it Adwords SEO.
Dynamic Search Ads
I think of it as taking Keyword Insertion to the next level. I'm feeling a little cautious about this, although it might be great. I'm a bit reluctant to hand over so much control to Google.
Google probably knows us better than we know ourselves.
I don't mean to be a debbie downer, but I worry that, at some point, our dynamic search queries could be "not provided."
Interesting thought Lisa but I think we are in the clear for the moment. I believe Google is getting around the "not provided" on Adwords because they are using the GCLID parameter to match back to the keyword.
The statistic that says "every day, 16% of the searches that occur are ones that Google has never seen before" is way higher than I would have guessed. I'm excited to learn more about these ads and see some results.
Oh boy... early results were not good. Lots of junk queries that you would feel ok about if they were organic visits... but not when you are paying.
or Contact Us Today
Interested in Our
Alan: (05/24/13 - 01:20 AM) Sorry Terrance and Adam, the only thing in that sp ...
Terrance: (05/23/13 - 06:22 PM) Yea I live close enough to walk as well so I think ...
Ellen: (05/23/13 - 05:48 PM) a rel= nofollow = ://searchenginewatch. ...
Bill: (05/23/13 - 05:41 PM) It's only lawless for Google. Everyone else will s ...
Nick: (05/23/13 - 05:41 PM) Yeah but Venezuela and Greece aren't doing too hot ...
Bill: (05/23/13 - 05:41 PM) A problem? Google's GDP is over $300 billion, it w ...
Claire: (05/23/13 - 05:41 PM) There's a new movie coming out with this exact sam ...
Adam: (05/24/13 - 01:20 AM) Oh yeah! Forgot about that one. I think it's quick ...
Jason G.: (05/23/13 - 05:41 PM) Googleland sounds great, but the infrastructure co ...
- WEBINAR -- Maximize Dashboard Tools
- WEBINAR -- Ask a Reseller with Chris
- WEBINAR -- Get Your Clients' Websites Right the First Time
- WEBINAR-- Website Reseller Program (What Is It, How Does It Work, How To Sell It)
- WEBINAR -- The Big Bad Customer Retention Question
- WEBINAR -- Ask a Reseller Series with Chuck
- WEBINAR -- Customizing Our Reseller Marketing Collateral in Under 60 Seconds
- WEBINAR -- How To Maximize Your Onsite SEO
- WEBINAR -- SEO: Back to Basics
- WEBINAR -- New Monthly Newsletter Service
- PPC Strategy 101: Small Business Tactics [VIDEO]
- 3 Things To Look For When Choosing a Pay Per Click Management Company [VIDEO]
- How to do the best Content Marketing [VIDEO]
- Be ready for Google Penguin Updates 2013 [VIDEO]
- How to Promote My Website [VIDEO]
- Link Building Agency [VIDEO]
- Content Marketing Tips for 2013
- Best SEO Strategy [VIDEO]
- 5 Best Website Optimization Tips [VIDEO]