Black Friday/Cyber Monday Online Sales
Each year we seem to see more and more Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales online and why not? With conversion intent highest at this point in the year it makes no sense to take your foot off the gas. (from a PPC standpoint)
Last year, I had one retailer net more on Black Friday weekend alone than the whole rest of the month and it seems to be a growing trend for retail stores and comparison sites to stay competitive on-line!
My question to you all is will you be going to the traditional brick-and-mortar stores or staying at home this Black Friday and searching the internet? IMHO Nobody ever got stampeded purchasing Christmas gifts in their pajamas from Amazon. :-)
I hate shopping (especially the day after Thanksgiving), so should not be included in any polls. I will be shopping online for some things and supporting my local businesses for gifts.
On a related note, I tweeted a holiday shopping ecommerce infographic earlier that I thought I'd share here too:
62% of shoppers will buy online during Thanksgiving Day weekend
I will be spending all weekend browsing the internet for sales, no need to go out & get trampled.
With the increased presence of web-available products, I don't see any need to go out and fight the hordes to grab what will ultimately be cheaper after the holidays are over anyway. I honestly hate the entire idea of Black Friday, and especially this "Black Thursday" nonsense. Last time I checked, the Thursday before Black Friday was called Thanksgiving.
Lol, I haven't heard Black Thursday used as a shopping holiday yet. A wikipedia entry reveals that Black Thursday was on February 6, 1851, a day of devastating bushfires in Victoria, Australia
Myself included! Goal of the year is to not leave my house to purchase holiday gifts.
You gotta watch more TV, man. Sears and I believe Target is doing it. Horrible.
Only in America would we have a holiday celebrating all we're thankful for, only to go out and buy more stuff and trample people to death immediately afterward.
Rant away, Brian. I am super offended by the idea of some businesses deciding to start Black Friday on Thanksgiving. I already dislike that people give thanks for what they have, then line up at the crack of dawn hours later to get more stuff. Now they want to start it even earlier? Oy.
Eventually we'll just phase out Thanksgiving completely. Turkey and stuffing TV dinners on the couch, then it'll be shopping time.
or Contact Us Today
Interested in Our
White Label SEO?
Mick: (12/05/13 - 04:47 PM) Thanks Adam, and the patch for none US campaigns? ...
Adam: (12/05/13 - 04:47 PM) I probably should have added that the PATCH for th ...
Adam: (12/05/13 - 04:47 PM) Hi Mick! Yes - A CUSTOMER SUPPORT task (4340621) ...
Mick: (12/05/13 - 04:47 PM) HS, not sure why the above topic at this thread ca ...
Aqeel: (12/05/13 - 04:04 PM) This is the greatest tweet ever blockquote class= ...
: (12/05/13 - 03:58 PM) Super comma pic is epic! haha ...
: (12/05/13 - 03:58 PM) I know I'm late on this, but The Oatmeal is just a ...
: (12/05/13 - 04:04 PM) This whole thing reminds me of this epic Tweet fro ...
: (12/05/13 - 03:58 PM) Haters gonna hate. ...
- WEBINAR -- Boost Traffic and Credibility with BuzzGraphics
- WEBINAR -- Tell Us What You Want
- WEBINAR -- How Google Hummingbird Affects You
- WEBINAR -- Delivering Premium Content
- WEBINAR -- Efficient Revenue: Pay Per Click Retargeting
- WEBINAR -- Selling the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 3 [LAST CHANCE]
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 2
- WEBINAR -- Learn All About the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- Maximize Dashboard Tools
- Google Needs to Have Santa Now Too? [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Social Media and the Rise of Giving Tuesday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Productivity Loss on Cyber Monday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Can Yahoo Take on Traditional News Media? [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Protecting Yourself on Cyber Monday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Using Small Business Saturday to Bring in Local Business [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Content Discovery & Twitter's New Custom Timelines [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Google Data Requests from Government Increasing [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Why Facebook Wants Snapchat [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]