Adwords API integration question
Quick question - What are you thoughts on integrating the PPC part of the dashboard with Google's Adwords API? Reason I ask is that it would be nice to have the client's adwords account data (specific ads, keywords, average position, etc) integrated into the PPC section. You could have a sidebar tab called "Adwords Account" or something along those lines and just pull the data in that you feel is relevant. The Adhoc tab is neat. Main analytics tab is also useful, but to be able to have a client see their adgroups, specific ads, their actual keyword lists, position metrics, etc. would save time and marry them even more to the system instead of having to login to two separate systems. Thoughts??
On the PPC side of things, what can be done to integrate Bing data into the PPC Reporting only?
Interesting suggestions. Thanks for the feedback.
We do, currently, integrate with the Google Adwords API. We pull spend data daily. We don't show specific ad data currently, but we do show keyword-level data.
On Bing and other networks - It's been periodically requested, and we did have it in an earlier version of the Portal. But the features were so poorly used we have not maintained them (the APIs update constantly)... We are open to bringing other networks online again if there is significant demand...
Regarding Adwords, we decided early on that we didn't want to be in the business of recreating the adwords interface. The carnage of failed companies that attempted it is a mile long. You can't out Google Google. We really wanted to focus on pulling the performance and lead info (spend, calls/leads). That being said, it would be great to add in some ad performance info at some point so thanks for requesting it.
Great point Chad. I remember those sessions back in Arlington fondly. But glad we didn't go down that rabbit hole.
or Contact Us Today
Interested in Our
Ellen: (05/20/13 - 10:07 PM) img src= ://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd36 ...
Ellen: (05/20/13 - 10:03 PM) a rel= nofollow = ://www.forbes.com/sit ...
Ellen: (05/20/13 - 10:03 PM) I hope I never see a Google Glass-wearing person i ...
Terrance: (05/20/13 - 05:17 PM) Wow! Thanks E. Another bookmarked thread. ...
Carissa: (05/20/13 - 05:17 PM) I heart Local...... ...
Eric R: (05/20/13 - 05:17 PM) After you created the new email address and got th ...
Bill: (05/20/13 - 10:07 PM) AOLing themselves might not be a bad idea. Merging ...
Brian Long: (05/20/13 - 10:07 PM) I can't say I'm a fan of either company, but at le ...
Dave: (05/20/13 - 04:56 PM) Well at least they are fighting for what they beli ...
- WEBINAR -- Maximize Dashboard Tools
- WEBINAR -- Ask a Reseller with Chris
- WEBINAR -- Get Your Clients' Websites Right the First Time
- WEBINAR-- Website Reseller Program (What Is It, How Does It Work, How To Sell It)
- WEBINAR -- The Big Bad Customer Retention Question
- WEBINAR -- Ask a Reseller Series with Chuck
- WEBINAR -- Customizing Our Reseller Marketing Collateral in Under 60 Seconds
- WEBINAR -- How To Maximize Your Onsite SEO
- WEBINAR -- SEO: Back to Basics
- WEBINAR -- New Monthly Newsletter Service
- PPC Strategy 101: Small Business Tactics [VIDEO]
- 3 Things To Look For When Choosing a Pay Per Click Management Company [VIDEO]
- How to do the best Content Marketing [VIDEO]
- How to Promote My Website [VIDEO]
- Link Building Agency [VIDEO]
- Content Marketing Tips for 2013
- Best SEO Strategy [VIDEO]
- 5 Best Website Optimization Tips [VIDEO]
- How To Start a Video Blog For Your Small Biz [INFOGRAPHIC]