AdWords Airport Targeting
AdWords lets you target over 350 airports by location which I think is a really cool way, especially around the holidays, to reach travelers.
I think this is a great opportunity for obvious clients such as restaurants, hotels, car rentals, and the like. But why stop there?
Some other applications I have thought of are:
- Games: Bored kids (and parents!) could use something to kill time while waiting for a flight.
- Luggage: A great time to put a new product in front of a potential customer is while he is dragging around that old beat up suitcase he has been meaning to replace.
- Languages: Online translators and language learning products will move to the forefront of a traveler's mind once he arrives in a country where he does not speak the native tongue.
- Events: Let people know what's going on nearby! Promote special events and local sight-seeing destinations directly to new arrivals who are looking for some fun.
Your turn to add to the list!
To read more about this feature, here is the link to the AdWords help page: http://goo.gl/VKoli
That is a great tool. I imagine Google will extrapolate and do a rinse and repeat for other venues.
I was thinking along the same lines while reading the description. Definitely pretty neat though.
This is a real great targeting feature whith many possible ad on feauture in the future I hope.
Even for restaurants in the airports themselves. Can you imagine seeing an ad with coupons for a specific restaurant while waiting during a layover? I would certainly be more likely to spend my money there!
I like that you brought this capability to everyone's attention, Paul. Nearby events and restaurants especially seem like great things to target on an airline/airport's site.
intriguing.... great insight Paul on other uses for this targeting. I think that Matt is right on with google taking even further...geographic and behavior targeting combined.
If I were Google, I would target Movie theaters. People seem to use their phone there more than anywhere else. lol.
or Contact Us Today
Interested in Our
White Label SEO?
Adam: (12/05/13 - 12:29 PM) Hi guys.. Thanks very much for the feedback. We ha ...
Adam: (12/05/13 - 12:26 PM) Hi guys... Thanks very much for the feedback. Ye ...
: (12/05/13 - 12:29 PM) It was in relation to Content. ...
Jason G.: (12/05/13 - 12:29 PM) Now* ...
Jason G.: (12/05/13 - 12:29 PM) Hello Member 10352 , I am not sure if you are talk ...
: (12/05/13 - 12:26 PM) Couldn't agree more Mick. ...
: (12/05/13 - 12:29 PM) We are muddling through our first account (great s ...
: (12/05/13 - 10:28 AM) I wonder if it will be enough to draw attention ba ...
Aqeel: (12/05/13 - 10:28 AM) Here's Facebook's official post on it: a rel= no ...
- WEBINAR -- Boost Traffic and Credibility with BuzzGraphics
- WEBINAR -- Tell Us What You Want
- WEBINAR -- How Google Hummingbird Affects You
- WEBINAR -- Delivering Premium Content
- WEBINAR -- Efficient Revenue: Pay Per Click Retargeting
- WEBINAR -- Selling the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 3 [LAST CHANCE]
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 2
- WEBINAR -- Learn All About the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- Maximize Dashboard Tools
- Google Needs to Have Santa Now Too? [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Social Media and the Rise of Giving Tuesday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Productivity Loss on Cyber Monday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Can Yahoo Take on Traditional News Media? [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Protecting Yourself on Cyber Monday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Using Small Business Saturday to Bring in Local Business [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Content Discovery & Twitter's New Custom Timelines [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Google Data Requests from Government Increasing [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Why Facebook Wants Snapchat [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]