AdWords Airport Targeting
AdWords lets you target over 350 airports by location which I think is a really cool way, especially around the holidays, to reach travelers.
I think this is a great opportunity for obvious clients such as restaurants, hotels, car rentals, and the like. But why stop there?
Some other applications I have thought of are:
- Games: Bored kids (and parents!) could use something to kill time while waiting for a flight.
- Luggage: A great time to put a new product in front of a potential customer is while he is dragging around that old beat up suitcase he has been meaning to replace.
- Languages: Online translators and language learning products will move to the forefront of a traveler's mind once he arrives in a country where he does not speak the native tongue.
- Events: Let people know what's going on nearby! Promote special events and local sight-seeing destinations directly to new arrivals who are looking for some fun.
Your turn to add to the list!
To read more about this feature, here is the link to the AdWords help page: http://goo.gl/VKoli
That is a great tool. I imagine Google will extrapolate and do a rinse and repeat for other venues.
I was thinking along the same lines while reading the description. Definitely pretty neat though.
This is a real great targeting feature whith many possible ad on feauture in the future I hope.
Even for restaurants in the airports themselves. Can you imagine seeing an ad with coupons for a specific restaurant while waiting during a layover? I would certainly be more likely to spend my money there!
I like that you brought this capability to everyone's attention, Paul. Nearby events and restaurants especially seem like great things to target on an airline/airport's site.
intriguing.... great insight Paul on other uses for this targeting. I think that Matt is right on with google taking even further...geographic and behavior targeting combined.
If I were Google, I would target Movie theaters. People seem to use their phone there more than anywhere else. lol.
or Contact Us Today
Interested in Our
: (06/18/13 - 05:35 PM) [quote]biNovate said:/b Jason G just took care ...
Adam: (06/18/13 - 05:35 PM) Excellent!!! :-) ...
iNovate: (06/18/13 - 05:35 PM) Jason G just took care of me through my portal! T ...
Adam: (06/18/13 - 05:35 PM) I believe there is training on this in a webinar, ...
iNovate: (06/18/13 - 05:35 PM) Hello, So on the proposal preview, under the SEO t ...
Eric R: (06/18/13 - 02:50 PM) a = ://techcrunch.com/2013/06/18/google-u ...
Adam: (06/18/13 - 01:36 PM) Joe - I have updates for you in ticket 3063764... ...
Aleks: (06/18/13 - 12:54 PM) True, The link provided above is the sell sheet wh ...
Aleks: (06/18/13 - 12:54 PM) Hi, the one at the top of the thread is an older v ...
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 2
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 3 [LAST CHANCE]
- WEBINAR -- Learn All About the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- Maximize Dashboard Tools
- WEBINAR -- Ask a Reseller with Chris
- WEBINAR -- Get Your Clients' Websites Right the First Time
- WEBINAR-- Website Reseller Program (What Is It, How Does It Work, How To Sell It)
- WEBINAR -- The Big Bad Customer Retention Question
- WEBINAR -- Ask a Reseller Series with Chuck
- WEBINAR -- Customizing Our Reseller Marketing Collateral in Under 60 Seconds
- Selecting the right PPC Reseller Program
- Pay Per Click (PPC) Bid Management [VIDEO]
- PPC Ad Retargeting
- The Growing Importance of SEO for Local Businesses
- Natural Search Engine Optimization is a Myth
- White Label SEO for 2013 [VIDEO]
- Penguin-Proof SEO Reseller Program [VIDEO]
- Press release SEO [VIDEO]
- PPC Strategy 101: Small Business Tactics [VIDEO]