5 Dudes Take on Pinterest
Business 2 Community featured a piece on 5 male Pinterest accounts that demonstrate the platform isn't just for the ladies.
Get your pics of cars, robots and super models ready, guys!
I like this! It's really the correlation with Pinterest which is sad. I have gotten a lot of great ideas for my garden and landscaping projects on there. Of course my male friends are always giving me some flack for pinning stuff. It's addicting and the backlinks are great! Talk about relevant content even if its a pic with a few descriptive words.
I'm with Terrance... it can be fun. I created a board called "Cars that I would like to drive once" and have been pinning cool cars that I see. I also have found some cool architecture and design photos that I like. It is way more engaging than seeing someone's twitter feed.
You get to know them... male or female.
Chad, I agree with you on getting to know someone through their pins. It's very similar to Facebook where they display these ads that tend to think they know what you're looking for and what kind of person you are. It's annoying! With Pinterest it's actually you that's showing the world that this is the kind of person I am follow me. At least for the time being Pinterest doesn't have the annoying ads.
Chad, Terrance and Brian. Proudly representing male Pinnies all over the world.
Haha, I most certainly do pin. I use mine as a sort of "media guide" of sorts: my boards are titled things like "Video Games Worth Playing," "Books Worth Reading," "Movies Worth Watching," and "Food Worth Eating." I keep it gender-neutral on purpose, so anyone can go check out and enjoy the things I'm pinning.
My boyfriend, who happens to be another male that's pinning, uses his Pinterest for his clients. He's a graphic designer, so he uses Pinterest as a way to search for different fonts, designs, etc. Also, he shows it to potential clients as a way to show his style. Yea booiiiiis.
Interesting thought, does anyone else recognize that a lot of people in this articles are designers? I feel that the type of personality that really appeals to users of pinterest are those looking for creative inspiration.
Hmm..That is a very interesting thought. I'm a creative person and enjoy enhancing already great ideals.
or Contact Us Today
Interested in Our
: (05/24/13 - 04:59 PM) I am so perplexed about the twitter thing. I'm sur ...
Eric R: (05/24/13 - 04:28 PM) It's different, but I like it. Cleaner looking... ...
Chad: (05/24/13 - 04:28 PM) I can't wait to see how it looks. I requested an i ...
Dave: (05/24/13 - 04:28 PM) God Speed. Keep us up to date on any revelations i ...
Dave: (05/24/13 - 04:59 PM) I wonder how automated it is [quote]bTerrance s ...
Terrance: (05/24/13 - 04:59 PM) Wow this could be use to sabotage people. They are ...
Renee: (05/24/13 - 04:59 PM) I like the 1984 reference. ...
Renee: (05/24/13 - 04:59 PM) [quote]bEllen said:/b Is this new? a rel= no ...
Ellen: (05/24/13 - 04:59 PM) Is this new? a rel= nofollow = s://docs ...
- WEBINAR -- Maximize Dashboard Tools
- WEBINAR -- Ask a Reseller with Chris
- WEBINAR -- Get Your Clients' Websites Right the First Time
- WEBINAR-- Website Reseller Program (What Is It, How Does It Work, How To Sell It)
- WEBINAR -- The Big Bad Customer Retention Question
- WEBINAR -- Ask a Reseller Series with Chuck
- WEBINAR -- Customizing Our Reseller Marketing Collateral in Under 60 Seconds
- WEBINAR -- How To Maximize Your Onsite SEO
- WEBINAR -- SEO: Back to Basics
- WEBINAR -- New Monthly Newsletter Service
- PPC Strategy 101: Small Business Tactics [VIDEO]
- 3 Things To Look For When Choosing a Pay Per Click Management Company [VIDEO]
- How to do the best Content Marketing [VIDEO]
- Be ready for Google Penguin Updates 2013 [VIDEO]
- How to Promote My Website [VIDEO]
- Link Building Agency [VIDEO]
- Content Marketing Tips for 2013
- Best SEO Strategy [VIDEO]
- 5 Best Website Optimization Tips [VIDEO]