5 Dudes Take on Pinterest
Business 2 Community featured a piece on 5 male Pinterest accounts that demonstrate the platform isn't just for the ladies.
Get your pics of cars, robots and super models ready, guys!
I like this! It's really the correlation with Pinterest which is sad. I have gotten a lot of great ideas for my garden and landscaping projects on there. Of course my male friends are always giving me some flack for pinning stuff. It's addicting and the backlinks are great! Talk about relevant content even if its a pic with a few descriptive words.
I'm with Terrance... it can be fun. I created a board called "Cars that I would like to drive once" and have been pinning cool cars that I see. I also have found some cool architecture and design photos that I like. It is way more engaging than seeing someone's twitter feed.
You get to know them... male or female.
Chad, I agree with you on getting to know someone through their pins. It's very similar to Facebook where they display these ads that tend to think they know what you're looking for and what kind of person you are. It's annoying! With Pinterest it's actually you that's showing the world that this is the kind of person I am follow me. At least for the time being Pinterest doesn't have the annoying ads.
Chad, Terrance and Brian. Proudly representing male Pinnies all over the world.
Haha, I most certainly do pin. I use mine as a sort of "media guide" of sorts: my boards are titled things like "Video Games Worth Playing," "Books Worth Reading," "Movies Worth Watching," and "Food Worth Eating." I keep it gender-neutral on purpose, so anyone can go check out and enjoy the things I'm pinning.
My boyfriend, who happens to be another male that's pinning, uses his Pinterest for his clients. He's a graphic designer, so he uses Pinterest as a way to search for different fonts, designs, etc. Also, he shows it to potential clients as a way to show his style. Yea booiiiiis.
Interesting thought, does anyone else recognize that a lot of people in this articles are designers? I feel that the type of personality that really appeals to users of pinterest are those looking for creative inspiration.
Hmm..That is a very interesting thought. I'm a creative person and enjoy enhancing already great ideals.
or Contact Us Today
Interested in Our
White Label SEO?
Scott: (12/05/13 - 01:38 PM) I've been migrating away from my facebook account ...
: (12/05/13 - 12:57 PM) I hear you. I have as part of my standard terms an ...
Adam: (12/05/13 - 12:57 PM) Hi guys.. Thanks very much for the feedback. We ha ...
Adam: (12/05/13 - 12:26 PM) Hi guys... Thanks very much for the feedback. Ye ...
: (12/05/13 - 12:57 PM) It was in relation to Content. ...
Jason G.: (12/05/13 - 12:57 PM) Now* ...
Jason G.: (12/05/13 - 12:57 PM) Hello Member 10352 , I am not sure if you are talk ...
: (12/05/13 - 12:26 PM) Couldn't agree more Mick. ...
: (12/05/13 - 12:57 PM) We are muddling through our first account (great s ...
- WEBINAR -- Boost Traffic and Credibility with BuzzGraphics
- WEBINAR -- Tell Us What You Want
- WEBINAR -- How Google Hummingbird Affects You
- WEBINAR -- Delivering Premium Content
- WEBINAR -- Efficient Revenue: Pay Per Click Retargeting
- WEBINAR -- Selling the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 3 [LAST CHANCE]
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 2
- WEBINAR -- Learn All About the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- Maximize Dashboard Tools
- Google Needs to Have Santa Now Too? [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Social Media and the Rise of Giving Tuesday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Productivity Loss on Cyber Monday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Can Yahoo Take on Traditional News Media? [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Protecting Yourself on Cyber Monday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Using Small Business Saturday to Bring in Local Business [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Content Discovery & Twitter's New Custom Timelines [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Google Data Requests from Government Increasing [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Why Facebook Wants Snapchat [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]