Twitter and AMEX are going to "unlock the purchasing power of the hashtag"
"Users who have joined their American Express and Twitter accounts will add a certain product hashtag to their tweets and then receive a reply from the American Express @AmexSync account containing a confirmation hashtag. Users then have 15 minutes to tweet that confirmation hashtag to confirm their purchase. Products will then be shipped to users’ billing addresses. American Express says it will provide free, two-day shipping."
This is either stupid or genius. Time will tell, but impulse buyers might not want to sign up for this.
This could be extremely hazardous for an impulse buyer. Much like retargeting ads. Retargeting ads can be so captivating! A good retargeting ad makes it hard to resist getting out that credit card and buying. Right?
You're right, Dave. Not sure if it'll actually catch on, but it could be big.
Sign me up! That sounds like most of the decisions I make on a daily basis.
or Contact Us Today
Interested in Our
White Label SEO?
: (12/06/13 - 04:03 AM) Oh, and one more thing ... is there a reason why t ...
: (12/06/13 - 04:03 AM) Great discussion folks so I thought I'd chime in. ...
John: (12/05/13 - 07:01 PM) Great link Aqeel. Every business owner should read ...
Mick: (12/05/13 - 06:13 PM) Hi Adam, yes that's set correctly but I ran an ext ...
: (12/05/13 - 06:13 PM) Hello. I understand that data is US only now - it ...
Dave: (12/05/13 - 05:30 PM) I just don't think they can run ads tastefully eno ...
Adam: (12/05/13 - 06:13 PM) All of the entries I see with hk look correct. B ...
Mick: (12/05/13 - 06:13 PM) Thanks for the quick response Adam, fyi also check ...
Adam: (12/05/13 - 06:13 PM) Hi again Mick...br /br /SCOPE: This is ONLY SE ...
- WEBINAR -- Boost Traffic and Credibility with BuzzGraphics
- WEBINAR -- Tell Us What You Want
- WEBINAR -- How Google Hummingbird Affects You
- WEBINAR -- Delivering Premium Content
- WEBINAR -- Efficient Revenue: Pay Per Click Retargeting
- WEBINAR -- Selling the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 3 [LAST CHANCE]
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 2
- WEBINAR -- Learn All About the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- Maximize Dashboard Tools
- Google Needs to Have Santa Now Too? [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Social Media and the Rise of Giving Tuesday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Productivity Loss on Cyber Monday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Can Yahoo Take on Traditional News Media? [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Protecting Yourself on Cyber Monday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Using Small Business Saturday to Bring in Local Business [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Content Discovery & Twitter's New Custom Timelines [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Google Data Requests from Government Increasing [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Why Facebook Wants Snapchat [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]