“The Power of Sharing in the Internet Economy”
Thought I’d “share” this article on how internet marketing & the economic climate are changing our ideas about consumption. (Rent-a-Swag, anyone?)
Do you think this is really a new concept or have we always been buying the benefit and not the product itself?
I’d also be interested in hearing your thoughts about how this trend affects the level of intellectual property theft & trademark infringement.
Cool article Lisa, and from a financial magazine :)
I don't think its an accident that sharing is a front end effect of "the internet". A similar sentiment is built into the foundation of the internet. Not just the idea of free and open exchange, but the actual hardware, software and architectural pioneers have all thrived with this philosophy. From the very beginning, developers that openly shared their code, ideas and solutions have been more successful than even proprietary giants like Microsoft.
My (and many others) favored development platform is LAMP. Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP. This combo of operating system, web server, database and programming language is 100% open-source. No one "owns" them. They are shared, updated and watched over by a world-wide army of fanatical supporters. Its pretty amazing to be a part of, and something that just couldn't happen unless everyone involved felt the same way about sharing.
Sharing woks on the internet because people are looking for information first. Once you share with them, you just have to hope that they think of you when they are looking to buy.
or Contact Us Today
Interested in Our
White Label SEO?
Aqeel: (12/10/13 - 09:26 AM) My understanding of Pinterest might still be very ...
: (12/10/13 - 09:01 AM) This is yet another desperate tactic from a desper ...
Adam: (12/10/13 - 08:50 AM) Hi AdamUK. Yes - We discussed this before. There ...
: (12/10/13 - 09:26 AM) Pinterest definitely shouldn't be thought of as a ...
AdamUK: (12/10/13 - 08:50 AM) Okay so apparently we can no longer receive notifi ...
Matt: (12/10/13 - 09:26 AM) I never thought of Pinterest as a new source since ...
Chris Vale: (12/09/13 - 04:20 PM) Thank you sir! ...
Renee: (12/10/13 - 09:26 AM) A new study from Gigya shows that Pinterest as a n ...
Kyle: (12/09/13 - 04:20 PM) Hey Chris - We will be having our marketing collat ...
- WEBINAR -- Boost Traffic and Credibility with BuzzGraphics
- WEBINAR -- Tell Us What You Want
- WEBINAR -- How Google Hummingbird Affects You
- WEBINAR -- Delivering Premium Content
- WEBINAR -- Efficient Revenue: Pay Per Click Retargeting
- WEBINAR -- Selling the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 3 [LAST CHANCE]
- WEBINAR -- New SEO Plans PART 2
- WEBINAR -- Learn All About the New SEO Plans
- WEBINAR -- Maximize Dashboard Tools
- HubShout's No Shave MOvember Raises $1062 for Us TOO
- Google PageRank Still Alive...For Now
- Google Needs to Have Santa Now Too? [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Social Media and the Rise of Giving Tuesday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Productivity Loss on Cyber Monday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Can Yahoo Take on Traditional News Media? [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Protecting Yourself on Cyber Monday [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Using Small Business Saturday to Bring in Local Business [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]
- Content Discovery & Twitter's New Custom Timelines [VIDEO & INFOGRAPHIC]