“The Power of Sharing in the Internet Economy”
Thought I’d “share” this article on how internet marketing & the economic climate are changing our ideas about consumption. (Rent-a-Swag, anyone?)
Do you think this is really a new concept or have we always been buying the benefit and not the product itself?
I’d also be interested in hearing your thoughts about how this trend affects the level of intellectual property theft & trademark infringement.
Cool article Lisa, and from a financial magazine :)
I don't think its an accident that sharing is a front end effect of "the internet". A similar sentiment is built into the foundation of the internet. Not just the idea of free and open exchange, but the actual hardware, software and architectural pioneers have all thrived with this philosophy. From the very beginning, developers that openly shared their code, ideas and solutions have been more successful than even proprietary giants like Microsoft.
My (and many others) favored development platform is LAMP. Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP. This combo of operating system, web server, database and programming language is 100% open-source. No one "owns" them. They are shared, updated and watched over by a world-wide army of fanatical supporters. Its pretty amazing to be a part of, and something that just couldn't happen unless everyone involved felt the same way about sharing.
Sharing woks on the internet because people are looking for information first. Once you share with them, you just have to hope that they think of you when they are looking to buy.
or Contact Us Today
Interested in Our
AdamUK: (05/23/13 - 10:06 AM) Thanks for listening guys! Much appreciated ...
: (05/23/13 - 09:58 AM) Google is great... yet scary all at the same time. ...
Matt: (05/23/13 - 09:27 AM) The game is afoot ...
Adam: (05/23/13 - 10:06 AM) Excellent Chris. Sounds like we really need a shor ...
Chris: (05/23/13 - 10:06 AM) I handle a lot of the technical and system support ...
Adam: (05/23/13 - 09:27 AM) I posted this today for people looking for a ...
Nick: (05/23/13 - 09:27 AM) Fasten your seatbelts! ...
AdamUK: (05/23/13 - 10:06 AM) I think Alan has a point. Recently i had a client ...
Alan: (05/23/13 - 10:06 AM) @Jenna - Yes, I have. I know it's useful, but it i ...
- WEBINAR -- Maximize Dashboard Tools
- WEBINAR -- Ask a Reseller with Chris
- WEBINAR -- Get Your Clients' Websites Right the First Time
- WEBINAR-- Website Reseller Program (What Is It, How Does It Work, How To Sell It)
- WEBINAR -- The Big Bad Customer Retention Question
- WEBINAR -- Ask a Reseller Series with Chuck
- WEBINAR -- Customizing Our Reseller Marketing Collateral in Under 60 Seconds
- WEBINAR -- How To Maximize Your Onsite SEO
- WEBINAR -- SEO: Back to Basics
- WEBINAR -- New Monthly Newsletter Service
- PPC Strategy 101: Small Business Tactics [VIDEO]
- 3 Things To Look For When Choosing a Pay Per Click Management Company [VIDEO]
- How to do the best Content Marketing [VIDEO]
- Be ready for Google Penguin Updates 2013 [VIDEO]
- How to Promote My Website [VIDEO]
- Link Building Agency [VIDEO]
- Content Marketing Tips for 2013
- Best SEO Strategy [VIDEO]
- 5 Best Website Optimization Tips [VIDEO]